Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

TartuWolf

One Too Many
1 . Not one man anymore. In the interview he mentioned one person that has been there in FL together with Greg since the beginning. And another lady from Aero joined as an apprentice some time ago. Really sorry that I don't remember the names.
2 . I think the Aero mention was mean to convey that EVEN Aero (with many more people working) are experiencing large delays.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
1 . Not one man anymore. In the interview he mentioned one person that has been there in FL together with Greg since the beginning. And another lady from Aero joined as an apprentice some time ago. Really sorry that I don't remember the names.
Sam stopped working fulltime for him, he couldn't afford her anymore. She now helps out with emails on Saturday. Toni might do some part time work. She's not an apprentice by any means by the way, she has 10 years of experience.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
You're comparing a one man operation to a company with fifteen or so employees?
Not sure what you understood but my intention I’d say was the opposite, I was quoted 8 weeks and it took 17.

Just like my two previous MTOs before that: Jakkrabbits boots that for whatever reason took like 3 weeks to ship after they sent me a video of the boots already finished, or how Crockett & Jones last year took twice as long as the original estimate because apparently the first pair they made got damaged in the final stages of production.

So yeah, MTOs can take much longer than anticipated even with established brands.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I don’t so much mind delays to the original plan, but I do mind lack of communication.

It doesn’t take much to keep track of pending orders and let customers know if there are unforeseen delays.
Also, I am much more open to delays if they can be explained with „market reasons“ as opposed to year another collab pushing individual orders back with unaccounted implications.

Not directed at Greg specifically, but I refuse to accept that as a customer I am required to send over my money and hope for the best.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I don’t so much mind delays to the original plan, but I do mind lack of communication.

It doesn’t take much to keep track of pending orders and let customers know if there are unforeseen delays.
Also, I am much more open to delays if they can be explained with „market reasons“ as opposed to year another collab pushing individual orders back with unaccounted implications.

Not directed at Greg specifically, but I refuse to accept that as a customer I am required to send over my money and hope for the best.
Status updates are also something that could pretty easily be automated by a CRM

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
<laughs in Goodwear>
I was thinking the same thing when I read Tom’s post. I have actually had nothing but good results from Good Wear but I have also experienced the spotty communication from John.
As a matter of fact I am in the queue for another one but I have not reached out to John about it, partly due to lack of inspiration and partly due to lack of funds…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88