Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
She is so cute!

Mine, this morning. She picked this ensemble to drive Hubby to work, in the dark, where nobody will see her in her carseat. Owl hat, Anna dress, Doc McStuffins coat, super princess cape, pink fuzzy leggings, pink clogs.

" But, Mama! I have to wear it! I AM FASHION!!!"

Oy.

20151012_070844-1_zpsqz4otmcm.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
She is so cute!

Mine, this morning. She picked this ensemble to drive Hubby to work, in the dark, where nobody will see her in her carseat. Owl hat, Anna dress, Doc McStuffins coat, super princess cape, pink fuzzy leggings, pink clogs.

" But, Mama! I have to wear it! I AM FASHION!!!"

Oy.

20151012_070844-1_zpsqz4otmcm.jpg

Ha! Oh, I love this! She is adorable!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Wait, did I miss something? She was not happy that it was sunny? :p Regardless, she looks super happy to me. Glad it was a good time. We are going to the patch tomorrow.

Yes, she complained the whole time that it was too bright out. Fast approaching tweendom, with all of the angst and attitude. :(

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Took Lily trick-or-treating at our local zoo yesterday. Got to watch a hippo take down a 30 pound pumpkin in seconds, meerkats dig in a (purposely) bug-infested pumpkin, and a tiger be obsessed with Lily's orange treat bucket. Tried to paw through the glass to get it! Started raining about halfway through, so we just put on hats & jackets and kept going. She had so much fun!

20151024_101911-1_zpsbuiftq5y.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
A picture of my daughter in front of the Who Shop (all things Doctor Who!) when we were in London. She had the time of her life.
ku4udtk6ey22l6mq0xmkoyv2xozealfj

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
A picture of my daughter in front of the Who Shop (all things Doctor Who!) in London on our recent trip. She absolutely loved England.

Attachments

• who.jpg
    who.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 159

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! Yes, we bought pea coats for our trip - mine was houndstooth (love that pattern). Sorry about the pic not showing up well. Couldn't get it to work like I wanted to. Still figuring out the new software.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
This smartypants was recognized at an all-school assembly last week with an academic award for her growth in reading so far in the school year. It has finally clicked for her that it isn't just jumbled letters on a page, but they form words, sentences, and STORIES! We are to the point that she reads books to me at night. So proud of her. (And she's even better at math. ;) )

12194516_10153366920949234_8485026667100859758_o_zpslrsec90i.jpg

This smartypants was recognized at an all-school assembly last week with an academic award for her growth in reading so far in the school year. It has finally clicked for her that it isn't just jumbled letters on a page, but they form words, sentences, and STORIES! We are to the point that she reads books to me at night. So proud of her. (And she's even better at math. ;) )

12194516_10153366920949234_8485026667100859758_o_zpslrsec90i.jpg

Had to comment. I hope she becomes a life-long reader. It is my favorite hobby - so I am completely bias - but if you enjoy reading (and, especially now with e-books), you will never be bored in life. And (again my bias), reading can take you to so many worlds and give you so many experiences, I just can't help hoping she'll become an avid reader forever. And yes, she is growing up and maturing quite quickly - it's fun to see.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
She loves reading, but she loves math more. We encourage both. I don't turn on the tv during the day, so she plays - drawing, playdoh, dolls, dress-up - or we do learning stuff together when she is not in school. We do allow her to earn tablet time, but she has to complete her chores (with no whining!) for that. She loves coloring apps, seasonal games, checking books out thru our library app, and kid Youtube (which I like because I can disable the search function, and set a timer to disable the app when her time is up).

I've been searching on Etsy for a personalized/engraved bookmark as my Christmas as gift to her. I have one my Gran gave me at least 30 years ago with my initial on it. have it narrowed to two choices for Lily. And I just downloaded a list of chapter books that are age appropriate for her. I think we will start those in January, when she has her bookmark.

I was an avid reader as a child, devouring whatever I could get my hands on. I still read, but not as much as I would like. Maybe when she reads a bit more independently. :)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

We all got together yesterday evening on the occasion of my youngest grandson's first birthday. It's hard to get all the grandchildren together at the same time (and to get them to sit still for a photo when they do).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken