Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Wait, James enjoys restraints?
California...that explains it.
Justin, you have to be careful because hippies can sneak up behind you before you know it.
Well shuffle would be more like it, outfitted with their hemp sandals.
Being a boxer does help though, just be careful, these people travel in packs.
Sometimes you can hear them coming, since a VW van isn't the quietest vehicle on the planet.

Not!

In packs like rabid wolves.

I see nothing wrong with MoPar, personally...
EPA-Superbird-04-626x382.jpg

1959-Dodge-Station-Wagon-orange-le-2.jpg

Good job Tom.
Just don't expose the nephew to Dodge.
I mean, life has enough disappointments without him learning not to buy certain cars...the hard way.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
There is nothing wrong with old Mopar, but new Mopar?
Just isn't the same.
When a friend of mine has a Ram Hemi give out at 70K and required $7,000 to fix, there is a quality issue.
I have Dodge and Jeep at work, believe me, that is a bad word.
Ford on the other hand isn't too bad.
BTW I see spots under the red one. :eeek:

Oh, really? A Superbird is a big dollar car!

Hi Tom

One of my USAF customer's old call signs is MOPAR, and he owns the top one with the fin.

Later

A friend has a new challenger and that is a sweet machine.

There is nothing wrong with old Mopar, but new Mopar?
Just isn't the same.
When a friend of mine has a Ram Hemi give out at 70K and required $7,000 to fix, there is a quality issue.
I have Dodge and Jeep at work, believe me, that is a bad word.
Ford on the other hand isn't too bad.
BTW I see spots under the red one. :eeek:

Yeah, getting in a fight with a hippie is a lose - lose situation. The hippie might beat YOU up, then everyone around will say "what a d***, he just got beat up by a feeble hippie", or if you come out on top, people will say "man, look at that d***, he just beat up that feeble hippie - hey! big d***, way to show how tough you are. what ya gonna do next, stomp on a kitten?"
There's no way to come out ahead.
Except that true hippies (unlike the modern wannabe incarnations who think they understand the hippie mentality because they saw a documentary once) are pacifists, and would only fight to defend themselves as a last resort. To them, "peace" and "love" are more than just catchphrases. :hippie:

Except that true hippies (unlike the modern wannabe incarnations who think they understand the hippie mentality because they saw a documentary once) are pacifists, and would only fight to defend themselves as a last resort. To them, "peace" and "love" are more than just catchphrases. :hippie:

My point:p

You are correct though, Zombie mi amigo, these days it's all about the "look"; be it hippie, punk rock, biker, rockabilly, whatever....

As for "peace & love", I'm no hippie, but I am a father, and those are things I pray everyday for there to be more of in the world my kids have to grow up in.

Didn't mean to get your toes, I was aiming higher :D

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Since when did hippies become the acceptable minority to ridicule?
I though COW members were the only ones who were fair game . . . . :)

They aren't a minority, many have just stopped dressing in beads and wearing a peace sign.
I should know, I work with some.
It's hard to explain, but I can spot one down the hall as it were, because I can't actually see a mile away. :D

I doubt there ever were true hippies then because my contact with them has never been one in which the dope smoking, long-haired, maggot infested types were passive in any way. They were all for bring it all down man and fight the power. The philosophy might have been pacifism but in reality they were/are militants with a "any means necessary" mentality. They burned things, left garbage around and defecated everywhere. Come to think of it, come to San Franfreako and you can see them there right now. :doh:

Last edited:
I doubt there ever were true hippies then because my contact with them has never been one in which the dope smoking, long-haired, faggot infested types were passive in any way. They were all for bring it all down man and fight the power. The philosophy might have been pacifism but in reality they were/are militants with a "any means necessary" mentality. They burned things, left garbage around and defecated everywhere. Come to think of it, come to San Franfreako and you can see them there right now. :doh:

Hippies gave passive-aggressive an entirely new meaning. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe