Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Justin B

One Too Many
Talking about me like I'm not here...

Yea though I walk through the valley of weirdness, I will fear no freak...because I grew up a boxer and can defend myself. Besides all that, I'm firm in who I am and I'm not so scared of hippie rubbing off on me like James is.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Wait, James enjoys restraints?
California...that explains it.
Justin, you have to be careful because hippies can sneak up behind you before you know it.
Well shuffle would be more like it, outfitted with their hemp sandals.
Being a boxer does help though, just be careful, these people travel in packs.
Sometimes you can hear them coming, since a VW van isn't the quietest vehicle on the planet.

Yeah, getting in a fight with a hippie is a lose - lose situation. The hippie might beat YOU up, then everyone around will say "what a d***, he just got beat up by a feeble hippie", or if you come out on top, people will say "man, look at that d***, he just beat up that feeble hippie - hey! big d***, way to show how tough you are. what ya gonna do next, stomp on a kitten?"
There's no way to come out ahead.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, getting in a fight with a hippie is a lose - lose situation. The hippie might beat YOU up, then everyone around will say "what a d***, he just got beat up by a feeble hippie", or if you come out on top, people will say "man, look at that d***, he just beat up that feeble hippie - hey! big d***, way to show how tough you are. what ya gonna do next, stomp on a kitten?"
There's no way to come out ahead.

I would say that's a proper assessment of what could happen. :eusa_clap
Oh if they find out he's from Texas, he certainly won't be invited to a round of hacky sack. :D

Don't get me wrong, I lived in Austin back in the early 90s, when I first got out of college, and I loved the place, thought often about moving back. But to be certain, there was NO shortage of hacky-sackin hippie types.

Got a new truck on the lot today:
00M0M_3AKKZnpqhUf_600x450.jpg

Got to spend some time with my Nephew
1186113_10151876175969330_1418471407_n.jpg

And made an offer on a '47 Olds today.

Overall, a good day.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Unless he says hes from Austin.

I thought that was just understood without being stated. :D
I drove through there a few months ago.
Too dern hot to do the river walk, plus my inlaws lived 3hrs in the other direction, and I had to drive to San Antonio to drop off a nephew.
Next time I'll do the walk, should be cool enough.
On the way back from SA we stopped in Elgin at Meyers BBQ.
A half chicken (each), pork steak, and sausage. Some kind of beans on the side.
Oh I'll stop there again if we decide to drive to Austin, believe me I'll make a point to do so!

Good job Tom.
Just don't expose the nephew to Dodge.
I mean, life has enough disappointments without him learning not to buy certain cars...the hard way.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe