Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

I was once chatting online with someone who happened to be Jewish. I was trying to say "like" and you can well imagine my shock and embarrassment when I accidentally hit "K" instead of "L". :doh:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Yes, a person can be maggot-infested but not the other. lol lol

I must admit that "faggot infested" didn't make too terribly much sense, but then it was a part of one of your rants, so as far as making sense was concerned the bar would be pretty low.

I must assume that these so-called "hippies" are more prevalent (and far more annoying) in your part of the country than they are in rural Michigan or even in the Cleveland suburbs (save perhaps for Cleveland Heights). Otherwise the vitriol which you expend on the subject would make not sense at all

Justin B

One Too Many
Speaking of things that are annoying...

The office space next to me is under construction. And the work crew is listening to some kind of music with what I guess to be a tuba. And it doesn't seem to have any sort of rhythm. I'm about ready to put a couple warning shots through the wall.

I must admit that "faggot infested" didn't make too terribly much sense, but then it was a part of one of your rants, so as far as making sense was concerned the bar would be pretty low.

I must assume that these so-called "hippies" are more prevalent (and far more annoying) in your part of the country than they are in rural Michigan or even in the Cleveland suburbs (save perhaps for Cleveland Heights). Otherwise the vitriol which you expend on the subject would make not sense at all

:rolleyes:

The Maggot-infested types are annoying and a pain in the neck, a drag on society and a curse you have to step over on some street corners in San Franfreako. You don't know unless you've been there.
A friend of mine used to come out every year for a convention that his company would hold in Freako the last year they just got tired of being accosted on every corner from their hotel by lay about hippie bums. Next year somewhere else.
I understand there is a huge bombed out area of Detroit and can send a few hundred containers full to. Good place for them.

The office space next to me is under construction. And the work crew is listening to some kind of music with what I guess to be a tuba. And it doesn't seem to have any sort of rhythm. I'm about ready to put a couple warning shots through the wall.

Aim high. By the time you get down to about 7 feet the music will be off. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up

Like this?

[video=youtube_share;QHb_zlb6RMQ]http://youtu.be/QHb_zlb6RMQ[/video]

I take it that you prefer maybe Cleveland Style to New Ulm Style?

DesertDan

One Too Many
No, from "The Sign Of Four";

Holmes: "It is cocaine," he said, "a seven-per-cent solution. Would you care to try it?"

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Sherlock could be somewhat self-indulgent in his pastimes (decorating the walls of his rooms with bullet holes etc ) but he was unlikely to partake of a drug like laudanum that may have dulled the speed and accuracy of his deductive powers . It was, of course, very popular with more dreamy types like many of our Victorian literati who didn't have to worry about analysing the ash from different tobaccos or recognising bits of mud from different counties etc. etc. Coleridge, Shelley, Keats, Byron, de Quincy were all partial to a wee dram. Seems opiates are more useful to a poet than to a consulting detective.

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Sherlock could be somewhat self-indulgent in his pastimes (decorating the walls of his rooms with bullet holes etc ) but he was unlikely to partake of a drug like laudanum that may have dulled the speed and accuracy of his deductive powers . It was, of course, very popular with more dreamy types like many of our Victorian literati who didn't have to worry about analysing the ash from different tobaccos or recognising bits of mud from different counties etc. etc. Coleridge, Shelley, Keats, Byron, de Quincy were all partial to a wee dram. Seems opiates are more useful to a poet than to a consulting detective.

I was thinking of Laudanum's popularity with hypochondriacal old biddies, particularly those termagents who carried around their Carrie Nation hatchets.

Laudanum, combined with whiskey, killed the poet laureate of Alabama, Hank Williams.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe