Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
I can totally relate. As life has thrown a few curve balls lately, my posting went with it. Interesting that the better things are, the more often I'm in the top-ten posters! Now, being in the pits, I see a definite correlation. :)Interested in what you think of the H&M? We're done with the first two episodes on DVR and have the finale tonight. We have really enjoyed it. Funny how Bill Paxton is basically the same character as he was in "Big Love". Who'd a thunk you could get type-cast in that role!
Hope you feel better - just an anonymous wish from another member in the same boat.Scott

Thank you so much Scott. :)

I finally watched the finale last night (I barely slept last night because of it...lol). I was the most tense watching part 3 out of all the episodes (and probably the most mad...boy I really hated that Nancy character! Kudos to the actress that played her, but boy I really hated her character! lol!). I have to admit that what ended up happening to the character Cotton really upset me. That was very hard to watch. It's hard to say what character I was most sympathetic towards the end. There are some moments where I was more sympathetic towards Bill Paxton's character Randall (Especially since towards the end of the movie he was such a broken man that was consumed with hate and guilt and pretty much lost everything). Then there were times that Kevin Costner's character Anse seemed more sympathetic since he seemed to see that the "war" just wasn't worth fighting and dying over. All those lives lost and all for what (a pig? Civil War?). His family's future was at stake. Anyways. Talk it about it more, but I need to run! :)

Last edited:

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Okay I'm back. I was going to teach a class this morning, but it got canceled. I'm okay with it because it's going to be rescheduled next week. :)

To Scott -

It's kind of funny. You're the first person I've been able to talk to the finale about so far. I haven't spoken with my Dad yet. When I came home after he had finished watching the finale, I asked him what he thought and all he told me was, "I'll talk to you about it after you see the finale." lol

What did you think of the overall series? Anything you liked or disliked?

Okay I'm back. I was going to teach a class this morning, but it got canceled. I'm okay with it because it's going to be rescheduled next week. :) To Scott - It's kind of funny. You're the first person I've been able to talk to the finale about so far. I haven't spoken with my Dad yet. When I came home after he had finished watching the finale, I asked him what he thought and all he told me was, "I'll talk to you about it after you see the finale." lol What did you think of the overall series? Anything you liked or disliked?
Hey! Just finally finished episode three tonight. We got real busy and well...Loved it. The finale was indeed the most intense and sad. Well done. I agree with your summations on characters. I hated that broad too. Kept hoping she'd get it, but alas, not. I am glad Frank got his. He was creepy. I think the cast did an outstanding job. I had to overlook getting p*ssed because in the shootout at the McCoy house, there were shiny gold Phillips head screws in the hero shots of the window jams! Good lord. Really?I was sad to see it end. But it did a great job of displaying the dead end that is hate. So much sadness. I'm just glad that as I get older, I become less stubborn. A man (or woman) can sure self-destruct if left to fester in hate and stubbornness. Hope you're feeling better. I'm trying to get back on the saddle here...

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Hey! Just finally finished episode three tonight. We got real busy and well...Loved it. The finale was indeed the most intense and sad. Well done. I agree with your summations on characters. I hated that broad too. Kept hoping she'd get it, but alas, not. I am glad Frank got his. He was creepy. I think the cast did an outstanding job. I had to overlook getting p*ssed because in the shootout at the McCoy house, there were shiny gold Phillips head screws in the hero shots of the window jams! Good lord. Really?I was sad to see it end. But it did a great job of displaying the dead end that is hate. So much sadness. I'm just glad that as I get older, I become less stubborn. A man (or woman) can sure self-destruct if left to fester in hate and stubbornness. Hope you're feeling better. I'm trying to get back on the saddle here...

I've been feeling okay. Thank you!

I agree about Bad Frank! He was a whole another level of creepiness! lol!! I didn't like Perry Cline either. I wanted to punch him. Although he's a lawyer. Nobody's supposed to like him. lol ;)

The only character in my opinion that seemed to have his head on his shoulders the entire time was Wall Hatfield. Plus, I really like Levicy and Sally. The relationship both women had to their husbands was very interesting. I felt really sorry for Roseanna and her baby. :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe