Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

SteveAS

Practically Family
I got a couple of brown hats over the weekend. First is what looks like an older than most Dobbs Game Bird. I'm not sure the Buy it Now at $55 was a particular bargain, but it looks like it might be a velour, which I thought was interesting:

498451734_o.jpg

I also set a lowball snipe on a Mallory Aristocrat because I didn't have a brown hat with a black band and it looks nicely proportioned. I didn't expect to win it for $18, including shipping, but I guess no one else was particularly interested in this hat:

$(KGrHqEOKicE4qDhh,5)BOWs+oSbF!~~60_12.JPG

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Can't speak for Neo, but i buy bargain hats that are poorly listed so I can resell them. I think at this point the whole of my hats are paid for with that in mind.

Neo, those are some curiosities. And as for size, who can really tell with this description: SISLEY FEDORA HAT 5.8 LEE 7..12

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hell I didn't even look at 'em. I just saw two hats for $2 (plus shipping).

Zetwal, the long answer is that the burgeoning hat collector in me took over.
The short answer is that I am a goof lol.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I bought this one yesterday for an upcoming western conversion. I've been looking for a nice tall crown to do a deep center crease. The color seems to be a green hue, but the seller said its gray. We will see. Either way, I'm just happy not to do another brown western conversion. This hat is going to have a 5 3/4 creased crown, 2 1/4 inch brim and a 2 inch or possibly 2 1/8 inch wide frayed ribbon. I'm hoping to have a flange by the time I finish this conversion because I have been curling/flanging the brim by hand and that takes forever

VINTAGE RESISTOL STAGECOACH FELT COWBOY HAT SZ 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe