Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

T Rick

Practically Family
Nice one. It's the Featherweight model, made by Champ. There are several of them in the Champ thread.
champ1950.jpg

Champ_Box.jpg
Thanks for that, just found it a couple hours before the auction and didn't really check it out. Like the looks, hope it fits (!), it is my size if it hasn't shrunk a bunch (so far every vintage hat I've tried in this size has fit fine).

Checking through the Champ thread, only 2 pages in and I've already seen several Featherweights. I am stoked!

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
TRick, that ought to be a nice one, even if it is "100% wool". Riiiiiiiiight.
Yep, that did make me laugh.... there was another hat I spotted today (I think same Seller?) that indeed was wool as stated by the Seller. Obviously though, this one doesn't know hats (good thing for him some folks do, or his poor listing practices would be costing him big bucks!).

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I'm on Ebay all the time looking for an nice "Vintage" Fedora in a 7 1/2 to 7 5/8. They are pretty rare (as you all know) so if you see anything really interesting shoot me a pm if you have time. I would hate to miss something nice. I'm really interested in a Whippet, Playboy or Stratoliner (I know, I'm dreaming) if anything should pop up on there (or here).

Terry

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Terry, I see those models on Ebay all the time in those sizes!

Then I wake up, grumble, and go make coffee.

Yeah I know, I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately! I do see where some people have gotten lucky on here though so they have to show up there every now and then. I've found a couple very nice fedoras here on the lounge in a very short time so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

fmw

One Too Many
Looks lik you picked up a nice looking Panama for a good price !!

Not so sure. This is probably a shantung. The weave seems too perfect to have been done by hand. Also it has a wire sewn into the edge like a cowboy hat. It is a wearable hat, though, and is on its way to Detroit tomorrow for a new sweat band.

T Rick

Practically Family
I hope someone here got this beautiful vintage Champ straw, I was outbid. Put in my max with 3 seconds to go, the Winner bid one second later and at least one dollar higher (I would have bid higher, but it may have been too big for me, not sure how a padded sweat would work out for me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe