Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I got a heads up on this auction from a FL friend... it tempted me to break my Ebay fast. Newer Resistol 50 Fort Worth... the box has a photographic barn wood graphic. The liner crown seam reminds my of the sixties Stetson 25 finishing... I would guess this hat is more recent.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure most of us were watching this panama, sold by the guy who's established himself as the Optimo outlet store. Congrats to the winner of a real stunner, at less than half the price of the original listing. The weave on this one is just beautiful.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I've won a few auctions recently of non-standard lids.

A Stetson Medalist Boater:

$(KGrHqMOKikE0sRpwCY,BNcU1BKnv!~~0_12.JPG

A grey Dobbs Bowler;

$(KGrHqQOKiQE1(Ri+Wt0BNbpeEUuDw~~0_12.JPG

A navy homburg by Dobbs:

$(KGrHqIOKi!E1yNv1GzJBNd!ZtMOTg~~0_12.JPG

And a Dobbs Twenty in the Gay Prince style:

$(KGrHqUOKp!E1qimg9(KBN,otPPcUg~~0_12.JPG

Here's a white Barcelona Twenty I was runner-up on:

$(KGrHqYOKkIE1q2cgf!-BNbV7eE-5w~~0_3.JPG

And this doesn't include hats won to give to my brother-in-law and a nephew. I should probably lay low for a while--having a steady parade of hats into the house in the next week may not be healthy for me! :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab

Ande1964

Practically Family
No sympathy! Not a fan of the behind closed doors buy-it-now. Nothing wrong with it, I guess... just doesn't strike me as completely above board. It's why I often throw down early bids (not that I did in this case).

Anj

buler

I'll Lock Up
I was a key stroke away from closing a buy it now deal on this Stetson 25 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230595940686&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. When some ding dong bid it up on its first day on the bay. I don't want it anymore since I came so close to closing the deal and it went away. Fair warning if the bidder is from here I am going to Bid it up on you.

Jeff

If it was a buy it now price that you liked why didn't you just hit the buy button? Or did someone place a bid right before you clicked it? OR....... were you "arranging" a buy it now with the seller?

B

Ande1964

Practically Family
If it was a buy it now price that you liked why didn't you just hit the buy button? Or did someone place a bid right before you clicked it? OR....... were you "arranging" a buy it now with the seller?
B

My understanding was the latter. If not, my above post is respectfully withdrawn.

Anj

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
If you read the listing he was giving fair warning that the hat might get sold out form under you since it was for sale off ebay too. I wanted him to convert the listing to have a make an offer option so that I could buy it for the off ebay price. Were we being a little sleazy? Maybe. I am just bummed that I came oh so close to getting a 25 for a great price even if I sent it out to a cleaning a blocking. Just so sad.

Jeff

Ande1964

Practically Family
Yeah. That is kind of a unique deal, with him also trying to sell it locally. I'm betting he'll be glad he didn't! Maybe just a smidge of sympathy.

On the other hand, now that you've mentioned the live auction here, you have wrought horrible vengeance on whoever was trying to buy this hat via the auction! ;)

Anj

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Lots of great hats go right by many members here, including me. About half of my ebay hats have come to me because only one or two others noticed them, keeping the price down.

Posting live auctions is permitted, but most members - at least those who care to comment - are not fans of that policy. When you spot that golden nugget, whisper, don't yell "eureka". Keep it under your Stetson. :)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
After reading my first post it could be read to mean that if you are a FLer I am going to bid it up on you. What a meant was I will probably bid it up on who ever it was and if you are an FLer you have fair warning or if you posted it was you I would most likely walk away nicely. Like I said earlier I am just real bummed to have come oh so close and it fell though my fingers and I am just venting. Is it the fault of the person who put the early high bid in? No. Did they do it to mess up my deal? No. Do I love them for doing it? NO. Will I put out a hit on them? NO.

Jeff

buler

I'll Lock Up
Lots of great hats go right by many members here, including me. About half of my ebay hats have come to me because only one or two others noticed them, keeping the price down.

Posting live auctions is permitted, but most members - at least those who care to comment - are not fans of that policy. When you spot that golden nugget, whisper, don't yell "eureka". Keep it under your Stetson. :)

Well said!! "Keep it under your Stetson" will now go in my sig line as a motto against posting live deals of any kind.

B

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fuzzy gray Borso

I got this one for a song. It had a disintegrated leather woven band on it that I had to take off. It's in great shape, I stuck a black pug on it the the time being.

I noticed on the front of the sweat there's an insignia of "Slichi", does anyone know what this means?

I also noticed that the front stitching on the sweatband is way different than the rest of the sweat. Is this intentional, or someone trying to fix it?

DSC05748.jpg

DSC05749.jpg

DSC05750.jpg

DSC05751.jpg

DSC05752.jpg

this is the stitching I was referring to.
DSC05753.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe