Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well at least you didn't run it up much further...I'm still not sure it will fit...size is placed at somewhere between 23 and 24 inches...that's a 3-4 size range...If it doesn't fit...then back up on ebay it goes...I'm looking for a functional beater...Hopefully this will be that hat...:D

carter

I'll Lock Up

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
7 5/8 Beaver Brand IJ Fedora went for $132.50 + shipping. Fur felt not wool. Finished by Lee Keppler. (?)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110300348383&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

7 1/2 Royal Park NOS Jazz wnt for $23.61 + shipping. I almost bid on this one but I said I'd stop...well...slow down.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130263154189&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003
Carter...Keppler is well known( on COW) for his Indy conversions of Beaver Brand hats. He kind of operates like Camptown...get's the hat bodies, styles 'em like Indy and sells 'em...Most people seem very happy with them.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Did a lounger wind up with the Sak's Fifth Ave. Habig? I'll be curious to know if what looks like an imprinted area where a wide ribbon once was comes out, or if that's even the case. Anyway, a nice hat for winter. I backed out when I hit my threshhold price, but maybe I shouldn't have . . . hmmmm.

Tried to drag-n-drop a pic from the listing, but no luck. I'm quite the technodolt.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
To post photos:

Right click on the photos in the auction. Depending upon your browser, select either (1) "copy image url" or (2) "properties", in which case you must then copy the image url shown in the pop-up box.

Return to your posting on the lounge, click the little picture of the mountain below the word "Smiles". You'll get a pop up box. Paste the image url there. Delete any characters that come after jpg (or whatever other type of photo file it might be).

It sounds complicated, but only takes seconds once you get the hang of it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Carter...Keppler is well known( on COW) for his Indy conversions of Beaver Brand hats. He kind of operates like Camptown...get's the hat bodies, styles 'em like Indy and sells 'em...Most people seem very happy with them.

Thanks CJ. I've never hung out at Club Obi Wan. Good to know. I considered bidding on that hat but decided I'd probably not wear it often (if at all). Why invite those, "Nice hat, Indy." comments?

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Speaking of that.....

carter said:
Thanks CJ. I've never hung out at Club Obi Wan. Good to know. I considered bidding on that hat but decided I'd probably not wear it often (if at all). Why invite those, "Nice hat, Indy." comments?

Speaking of Indy's, Has everyone noticed that half of the hats listed (Reguardless of size or shape) are now "INDY'S" ????:eek: :eek:
Give me a break...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Carter,

That Centurion is on its way to me! Maybe i'll ask the little woman (she actually IS little) to take a postable picture of me under it. If that doesn't turn out so great, a distinct possibility, perhaps I can convince her to model it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
We have a WINNAH!

randooch said:
Carter,
That Centurion is on its way to me! Maybe i'll ask the little woman (she actually IS little) to take a postable picture of me under it. If that doesn't turn out so great, a distinct possibility, perhaps I can convince her to model it.

randooch, Congratulations. Thats a nice looking lid. It will be interesting to hear how you like it and see your (or your wife) wearing it. Posting pictures is easy once you get the hang of it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
7 5/8 Stevens 4X Beaver

Sold for $50.99 + shipping.
Seller listed as:
Mens VINTAGE STEVENS STETSON 4X *GUS* COWBOY HAT 7 5/8.

Probably began life as a fedora. Someone converted it to a short-brimmed western and put a Stetson pin in the ribbon. Maybe it'll be resurrected as a fedora.
998b_12.JPG
855a_12.JPG
a2dc_12.JPG

abb0_12.JPG
b319_12.JPG
c7d4_12.JPG

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure about the felt on that Centurian. It's pretty different looking, wool hats were certainly around and, from what I've seen of old Marc Chevalier posts and sales, marketed to the stylish college kids. He sold one not too long ago that was as sharp looking as any fur felt.

No matter what its composition, it's a snappy hat. :eusa_clap

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'm interested to see how that sweatband is attached on the Centurion. Looks like it's got a tape and reed, but no visible stitching. Very nice, even if it is wool!

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe