Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Found it. Pretty interesting stuff.
IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's an overall shot- see how it looks like a cav. edge? no stitching through the top? A welt on the top side of the brim?
IMG_4858.jpg

Here's another shot showing the underwelt. I can't find any closeups.
IMG_5764.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
stibbons said:
There isn't much on the Australian market in my size at all, let alone hats that aren't Akubras, so I thought I got a pretty good price on this size 7 1/8 Knox.

It turned up this morning, and is indeed a great looking hat, a much richer colour than it looks in those photos, and it's in good condition. But the seller seems to have neglected mentioning that it doesn't have a sweatband at all. Everything else about it is excellent, just... no sweat.

Thought about it, and decided I'm going to keep it, because I'm still sure that's a good price for what it is. But it wasn't a very pleasant surprise, and now I have to find a hatter in Sydney who can fix it up.

Lotsa luck = maybe send it to the US.

MattJH

One Too Many
I'm definitely annoyed with whomever won this 7 5/8 Brooks Brothers / Herbert Johnson. I wanted it SO BAD. Ugh.

This is one of those rare ones where I feel like a gem passed right through my hands. My exact, perfect dimensions made by my favorite hat maker ever.

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH.

I feel like it was mine.

GJR(OJG:ORW(JG:OIGJSRFW$()H*GWSRH*OPJINORInj

This is going to haunt me.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, mate. I didn't win it either, though I was watching it and had a snipe bid scheduled. My bid was way below the final price, though.

Dumbjaw said:
I'm definitely annoyed with whomever won this 7 5/8 Brooks Brothers / Herbert Johnson. I wanted it SO BAD. Ugh.

This is one of those rare ones where I feel like a gem passed right through my hands. My exact, perfect dimensions made by my favorite hat maker ever.

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH.

I feel like it was mine.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have no fear....

No worries Dumbjaw,

Rilico simply buys them to re-sell em! No doubt, you can expect to see that lid for sale again within a month.

Cheers

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Not necessarily

I've gotten a couple of great deals from Rilico. If he lists it without a reserve price, you might even get it for less than he paid for it. You Ebay experts, how often does that happen?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Sniped!

I had a bid of about $19 sitting there for a couple of days, with a maximum bid a full $20 higher, but 20 seconds before the close of bidding a higher bid popped in. Bummer! And here I was all set to brag to everyone about how I got this gorgeous Tom 'n' Jerry so cheap. Well, them's the breaks. All's fair in love and war and Ebay. Now I still need a nice brown hat. Sigh.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350110803071

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Is rilico a member here? 'Cause if he's not, he should be.

I've had several transactions with him and they've more or less gone very smoothly.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rilico

Oh, and Rilico is not a member here but I believe he mentioned to me that he sifts through here now and then. Very nice guy!

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
I figured you would get it

Dumbjaw said:

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH.

I feel like it was mine.

I was the first bid and for the longest i thought it would be a sleeper.:eek:
then it went Wild :eek:
Sorry you didn't get it:(

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer

Edward

Bartender
This one just arrived this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370095774587

I took a bit of a risk on this "Bossalino" being genuine Borsalino, given the lack of photos of the inner, etc. Arrived this morning. It's a little neater fitting than the likes of my Akubras, but then it is also a somewhat lower crown than my Federations. A nice fit - the wind would lift it very quickly, I should think, but it doesn't look wrong sitting that bit higher than I'm used to. does mean I wear it up and back ,which gives a different look than I normally go for - nice for a change. Saw it on the bay and put in a bid as I have fancied a navy blue fedora for a while. The brim is super-soft; initially thought I might have to stiffen it, but it holds its snap and looks fine on. Narrow ribbon may be a later replacement, I think. More photos to follow when I get a chance - probably will put them in the 'new hats' thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe