Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:
yet another nice, little penn-craft derby
th_DSCF0040.jpg
th_DSCF0043.jpg
th_DSCF0045.jpg

I was watching that one, despite the fact it is too small for me...looked like a really nice hat. I've been watching for a bowler in my size. Finally found one this morning, a Dunlap in 7 3/8.
dunlap1a.jpg

dunlap4a.jpg

The pictures were pretty poor...I'm hoping it to be in pretty good shape. The guy had pretty good feedback and it was a buy it now...didn't want to take the chance on asking questions only to have someone else snatch it up before I received any answers. So...we'll have to see when I finally get it into my hands. :whistling

Bernie

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
This Knox 25 didn't even sell. It's a long-haired with a custom edge. The size was listed as 20 5/8". What do you guys think? I wasn't crazy about the color, but I found it interesting because of the (I believe it's called a) velour finish. I think I'm wrong, but weren't the longhairs rare in non-black? Or expensive? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That photo is attrocious. The hat reminds me of an orange I found hiding in the back of a refrigerator I cleaned out at the end of my Junior year at college. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration - the orange was fuzzier. Same color, but fuzzier.

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Put in winning bids for this Marathon fedora and this Adam Envoy. The Envoy is my first homburg.

They both arrived today, prompting me to to post here. They fit nicely (I love straddling the 7 / 7 1/8 divide) and are in fine shape, though the Envoy was apparently owned by a smoker (pipe rather than cigarette, though, if I had to guess). A naptha bath may fix that.

I'll upload photos and details to the appropriate threads once Arizona's stormy weather passes and gives me some light with which to work.

billyspew

One Too Many
Tooch said:
Put in winning bids for this Marathon fedora and this Adam Envoy. The Envoy is my first homburg.

They both arrived today, prompting me to to post here. They fit nicely (I love straddling the 7 / 7 1/8 divide) and are in fine shape, though the Envoy was apparently owned by a smoker (pipe rather than cigarette, though, if I had to guess). A naptha bath may fix that.

I'll upload photos and details to the appropriate threads once Arizona's stormy weather passes and gives me some light with which to work.

Tooch, good wins.
I was watching that Envoy, would love to see the tag under the sweat. It is from about the late thirties, but would need to see the tag to try and shore that up. I'd also expect it to have an unreeded sweat.

On the advice of gtdean, I placed a very smokey smelling hat in a box with newspaper and that seemed to take out the smell quite a lot so it's barely noticeable.

Look forward to the pictures.

Tooch

One of the Regulars
I was watching that Envoy, would love to see the tag under the sweat.

I'll post photos as soon as possible. I can tell you it has a United Hatters, Cap & Millinery Workers Union label. Also, the brown paper Adam tag says the hat is actually Navy (I can't tell in the gray light streaming through the window). The size tag appears to be maroon paper. I'll get you some images to work with.

The unreeded sweatband is detached from the hat in two places, but I really can't detect any signs of wear.

billyspew

One Too Many
Tooch said:
I'll post photos as soon as possible. I can tell you it has a United Hatters, Cap & Millinery Workers Union label. Also, the brown paper Adam tag says the hat is actually Navy (I can't tell in the gray light streaming through the window). The size tag appears to be maroon paper. I'll get you some images to work with.

The unreeded sweatband is detached from the hat in two places, but I really can't detect any signs of wear.

Thanks. We know it's after 1934 then!

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Adam Envoy photos

Here are three shots that might help:

Labels under the unreeded sweatband:

IMG_0892.jpg

Size tag:

IMG_0898.jpg

Liner:

IMG_0893.jpg

These will have to do for now -- my ISP connection died and I'm online now through a 3G card that's pretty slow here in the boonies. The power is probably next.

billyspew

One Too Many
Tooch said:
Here are three shots that might help:

Labels under the unreeded sweatband:

IMG_0892.jpg

These will have to do for now -- my ISP connection died and I'm online now through a 3G card that's pretty slow here in the boonies. The power is probably next.

Great thanks - Can you please post them all to Adam Alley when your connection is restored?

95% sure that's a late thirties one, made by Lee.
Look forward to seeing them all!

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Great thanks - Can you post them all to Adam Alley when you're connection is restored.

I'll be happy to, along with some other choice shots. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge here. It seems like there's some history to this hat.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Garrett said:
Nice one, Mr P - Be sure and tell reetpleat (seller) that you're a lounge member and he'll give you a discount.

Thanks for the tip, Garrett. I like this one and I have not seen many other Cavanaugh edges on Champs before.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
4294213913_c14cfd382b.jpg
4294956102_f6510b40b4.jpg

First truly "vintage" Panizza I've seen. Won for 0.99 Euro, but unfortunately smaller than my head.

Was an ugly homburg-fedora conversion, anyway [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82