Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Panadora

Practically Family
The lack of information makes it somewhat of a lottery ticket when it comes to colors tough :confused:
s-l1600ca.jpg
Turned out something like this :cool:

IMG_2753.jpg

Last edited:

barrowjh

One Too Many
I think it's at least 2 1/4." Which is pretty much my minimum width.
I was wrong, fooled by photography again. It is 2 3/8 - just shy of the 2 1/2 that I wanted. I cleaned it up, steamed it open and re-shaped it, still trying to decide whether to keep it or not. It is a nice hat, fits great, but the brim is 1/8 too little, the crown is a bit short, a little too much taper.

Followed it until the end, Fruno but something in the back of my mind, or was it the other room, kept saying, "keep your finger away from the bid now button."

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Anybody here pick up this puppy?

Just a little too big for my noggin, and I'm trying to be a little more judicious, but it was tempting...

That would be ME! Haha! Daniel's very first real Fedora was a wonderful silk finish Dunlap, he kept it until he owned it for about 18 years and finally sold it to another Lounger....so....as he LOVES thin ribbons and we can have Tonyb fix that Dunlap up really nice, I thought may as well own it for having another nice vintage hat! Some bidders may have not wanted to go higher as the hat has some discoloration from fade, but, you know at times that can look super sharp and we that are real Fedora lovers know it takes time for a hat to get some character in it...unless of course, you buy one from a Politician and then the Hat has had too much "character"....hahaha!

That would be ME! Haha! Daniel's very first real Fedora was a wonderful silk finish Dunlap, he kept it until he owned it for about 18 years and finally sold it to another Lounger....so....as he LOVES thin ribbons and we can have Tonyb fix that Dunlap up really nice, I thought may as well own it for having another nice vintage hat! Some bidders may have not wanted to go higher as the hat has some discoloration from fade, but, you know at times that can look super sharp and we that are real Fedora lovers know it takes time for a hat to get some character in it...unless of course, you buy one from a Politician and then the Hat has had too much "character"....hahaha!

Kewl. I look forward to seeing it when you get it. You got a good deal on it. The fading didn't bother me, quite often I don't notice the unevenness in some of my hats, I enjoy them so much. They can't all be "minty!" I hope Dan'l enjoys it and will model it for us!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Had my eye on that one as well but I've gotta start selling more than I buy. Too many hats and only one head (and I'm out of storage space).

Straight statement here, last move we made, had to buy a larger home for space to store all our hats and boots and shoes and other items! In the home here, we have three large closets full of hats or shoes or boots, basement we have maybe 45 large rubbermaid tubs filled and a few hundred large clothing bags full of suits and jackets and pants and a shelf space that runs the entire length of the one side of the basement, about 70 foot long, nothing but shoe and boot boxes. We have down sized the number of hats, and actually just did a hat count when we sent Tonyb a hat for him to fix up, and then to make some extra room we sent out maybe 14 or 15 pairs of boots to close friends we have here and other friends we have. Latest hat count, 9 straw hats, 26 Fedora, 2 Milan, 1 woolie, and 4 ball caps, one flat cap, 11 painters caps. We keep all our hats here in their own hat box, the same with shoes or boots, etc. I use some post it notes taped over the front of the box for labels so we can know what is in each box without having to do much digging. The basement is a mess, so I am glad I at least did the labels on everything down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe