Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I'm going to be regretting having let this one slip through my hands for some time. I had the trigger finger poised, but had convinced myself I had already exceeded my monthly hat budget and shouldn't play last night. That, and I truly thought it would go for a bit more.

Woulda been a good get. (sigh)

Maybe I should buy myself a hat as consolation...wait, what?!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to be regretting having let this one slip through my hands for some time. I had the trigger finger poised, but had convinced myself I had already exceeded my monthly hat budget and shouldn't play last night. That, and I truly thought it would go for a bit more.

And I'm gonna regret not seeing you in it...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

yeah .. bummer ... you may as well just get the Borsalino to comfort yourself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-Vi...182641?hash=item4d41b9e131:g:TjEAAOSwxp9W91JO

yeah .. bummer ... you may as well just get the Borsalino to comfort yourself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-Vi...182641?hash=item4d41b9e131:g:TjEAAOSwxp9W91JO

Hah! Talk about blowing the budget! That thing's going to rake in some cash, I think. We're planning a vacation in May, so I have to be conservative for awhile. Because, after all, there are antique stores where we're going. I might find a nice hat! :cool:

Plus, that eBay seller is a little shady, I heard. Although he will sometimes just randomly send you a nice hat. :D:p

Just funnin' ya Bruno! You're tops in my book, you know that ! ;)
(and no, I'll never let that Whippet thing go. Never!)

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hah! Talk about blowing the budget! That thing's going to rake in some cash, I think. We're planning a vacation in May, so I have to be conservative for awhile. Because, after all, there are antique stores where we're going. I might find a nice hat! :cool:

Plus, that eBay seller is a little shady, I heard. Although he will sometimes just randomly send you a nice hat. :D:p

Just funnin' ya Bruno! You're tops in my book, you know that ! ;)
(and no, I'll never let that Whippet thing go. Never!)
Hahahahahaha. I had to go back and look at the seller. Recognize the name... :)

Mm25

One Too Many

Ditto! At the last second I decided to pass. woke up this morning and saw what it went for and kicked myself.

That one is interesting! It's a fairly early one (early / mid 1950s?). Did anyone here get it? I would like to see more details.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Alan, are you saying it may not be 30's? I was going off the white sweat and the production tag with the sideways Borsalino name. Is it later?

And here I was hoping you got it and I could talk you out of it. :confused:

I have some early Tonaks but my focus is JHS (JHS became / nationalized as Tonak after WWII).

That Tonak will be seen here soon on my head. I was thrilled that it didn't go for anywhee near my max bid.
:D

Great! It's really difficult to get a handle on these earlier Tonaks. As you can see the liner logo is not complete and roughly stamped. The logo is similar to this Tonak Plant Hückel "Lutra" of mine.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...tonak-formely-hueckel-plant-hueckel/#entry740

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe