Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like contrasting knits?

Hey Guys,
I'm tossing around the idea of contrasting knits. My next jacket will be a Norshor NS3 with an A-2 style collar in Coventry Tea Cowhide.
I was going to go with dark brown knits, but then I saw this RMC jacket on eBay:
Screen shot 2014-11-16 at 11.53.37 PM.jpg Screen shot 2014-11-16 at 11.51.32 PM.jpg
Mark has olive/russet knits as an option.
What do you all think?
I want a casual jacket, nothing too fancy.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I have a Black A2 with Aero Dark Berry knits. I'm thinking of getting another black one with green knits which I already have... So obviously I'm a fan of contrasting knits.

Worf

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I have a Black A2 with Aero Dark Berry knits. I'm thinking of getting another black one with green knits which I already have... So obviously I'm a fan of contrasting knits. The more forrest green I don't dig.

Worf

Me too. I really like berry knits with seal brown. I've never thought about the olive color, but I think it looks pretty good too. The deeper green I could live without.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I got russet and seal brown Aero A-2's with olive knits. Looks good. Matches the OD stitching.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I like the red knits with dark seal A-2's and the russet with light brown "caramel" knits looks good too. Not a fan of anything too extreme. If I was going to get something really contrasting, I would pick a more civilian style jacket, not a military A-2.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I don't like contrasting knits. I never understood the attraction of the seal leather/reddish knit combo that seems to be so beloved here. Same for olive, tan, golden knits. I prefer closely or vaguely matching shades.

Hey, you asked.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I don't like contrasting knits. I never understood the attraction of the seal leather/reddish knit combo that seems to be so beloved here. Same for olive, tan, golden knits. I prefer closely or vaguely matching shades.

Hey, you asked.
I can only speak for myself, I am fascinated by the fact that oddball knit colors some how made it onto issue WWII A2 jackets. I can understand OD, but, how did red ever make it all the way to being issued?

thor

Call Me a Cab
The USAAF also allowed (unofficially) private purchase (civilian) leather jackets to be worn by pilots and air crew. During war time (and out there on the front lines) a lot of rules and regulations get bent (and broken) so red knits on a flight jacket was probably no big deal.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Not my cup of tea on an A-2. I think contrasting knits on jackets like the A-1 with the neck ribbon knit would be nicer.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a big fan of contrasting knits and agree with Soren-berry knits on a dark seal A2 make a most pleasing combination.

Here is the leather sample with 2 similar colors.....
_MG_1985.jpg

and here's the jacket:
Screen shot 2014-11-23 at 8.20.47 AM.jpg

It's just the waistband... so not a military jacket.
Which do you like better?
Thanks[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82