Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

zaika

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
I disagree...it stands for Flowers to Denise, thankyouverymuch.

*not that I ever get any either...

i wish my name started with a "d"...then it could mean 'flower to..' whatever my name could be. lol

alexandra

Practically Family
I'm going to peer pressure my friend to send me flowers because of this thread and then I will act all surprised.

zaika

One Too Many
yeah...because of this thread, i'll prolly go downstairs (there is a florist in my building) and get a wonderful arrangement of flowers. she does such a great job.

my desk (and week) needs some brightening up.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:
Some orchids do not rebloom in the same spike, some do. It depends on the variety.

I cut just below the last (bottom bloomed flower) and sometimes I will get a new spike of flowers.

Exactly. I have one stubborn Dracula Inaequalis that insists on blooming (huge 8" pointed petals!) once a year for 3 weeks. After that, its nothing but foliage. I did find that some of mine need to feed much more weakly than others to bloom more often. I use a very diluted solution of orchid food (less than the directions even say) about once a week. A few of them can't handle the feeding more than once a month or the foliage will grow abundantly but never throw up a spike.

Richard

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I'm with ShooShooBaby. I like getting potted plants or livng flowers, like an orchid plant.

I love getting flowers (probably 'cause I never get 'em) but that seems a lot nicer getting flowers that won't die right away.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
:D
Pink Dahlia said:
I love getting flowers (probably 'cause I never get 'em) but that seems a lot nicer getting flowers that won't die right away.

Pink, I am your orchid, and everytime I visit you...it is like you are getting flowers. LOL :D :cool2:

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Sorry ladies, I don't want to rub it in, but I had to show you my lillies now they are all fully blossomed. I wish I could share it with every single of you (including you gents!), since you all deserve it.

gorgeous..(and they suit my Steve McQueen poster so well :) )

DSC01625.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
MissS said:
*green with envy, with hands on hip, poking out tongue at beautiful lillies*

that's ok MissS, I still love ya. :eek: :eek: You and Miss full of herself Darhling are my best buds here at the lounge.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the orchid tips!

And damn, those are some damn pretty lilies!

I love them. They look more like an Easter Lily than a Casablanca, right?

Are they super-fragrant? What we need here is internet scratch-n-sniff...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929 said:
And damn, those are some damn pretty lilies!

I love them. They look more like an Easter Lily than a Casablanca, right?

Are they super-fragrant? What we need here is internet scratch-n-sniff...

I don't really know which type of lilly they are, but they aren't as fragrant as many other (and often colored) lillies. It's only when I get close I can smell them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe