Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

freebird

Practically Family
----,-----;----}@ ----'----,----}@ ----,-----;----}@ ----'----,----}@
----,-----;----}@
Flowers for the ladies, wish they were real.----'----,----}@
----,-----;----}@ ----'----,----}@ ----,-----;----}@ ----'----,----}@

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
I knoooow, I am one huge smile right now because white lillies are my absolute favorite flower! Of course I can't reach him on the phone at the moment - typical.. I keep going over to them and sighing!!! I am silly I know (does it show that I don't get flowers often?!)

Oooh, lucky gal - I'm jealous, as they are my fave as well! I bet you've been walking around with a silly grin on your face...!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Darhling said:
(does it show that I don't get flowers often?!)
This I just do not get. I've bought flowers for girlfriends, my mom, my sister, even co-workers. Men: do not assume that women get flowers often enough. They don't! And it's your job to make sure that they do. If you want to make sure that a woman understands your intentions, be they romantic or platonic, ask her what she likes, utilize the language of flowers (Darhling's admirer obviously celebrates her purity, as do we all), and remember to write a note. Then again, if you want to drive her crazy just send them anonymously.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
This I just do not get. I've bought flowers for girlfriends, my mom, my sister, even co-workers. Men: do not assume that women get flowers often enough. They don't! And it's your job to make sure that they do. If you want to make sure that a woman understands your intentions, be they romantic or platonic, ask her what she likes, utilize the language of flowers (Darhling's admirer obviously celebrates her purity, as do we all), and remember to write a note. Then again, if you want to drive her crazy just send them anonymously.

You're right, I don't get flowers enough .. but you are welcome to do something about that! ;)

Miss Elise - your man needs to learn it!! I also hate getting told 'but they die so fast, its a waste of money' :mad:

Slim, all well and good, but if you don't know where to send them to...

I doubt "General Delivery, Malmo, Sweden" works for FTD or 1-800-Flowers, y'know?;)

And that's when the "target" is so helpful, such as Darhling has been, as to be forthcoming with info about the optimal "weapon of choice"...lol

pgoat

One Too Many
flowers don't have to cost a lot. I do the ftd thing for big days (anniv., b-days, etc) but a 'just because' stop at the corner market for a $10 bouquet on a Friday afternoon makes for a cozier weekend in.

And ladies - flowers or some other small tidbit for your guy once in a while ain't such a bad idea either.;)

freebird

Practically Family
Slim Portly said:

Ditto's, I've always felt the same way. I prefer to give the flowers while they can enjoy them, not at their funeral when they may or may not know they have them. However, in my case, I would always take flowers to my dates, walk to the door, not drive up and honk, pull chairs etc, It always scared them off, they didn't know what to make of it. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe