Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Here you go BB! You might have to add some inserts based on your size. You or Dale ought to jump on these.

Lucchese "ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE" boots.

8wku9w.jpg

2u6fho9.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luchesse-AL...171227?hash=item25bf790c5b:g:bKgAAOSwEjFXeoFo

Those are sweet, HJ and the first I've seen done by Lucchese. If they were near my size , I'd make a run at them.

I'd rather have a pair of these.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You may recall, in 1949 ACME boots commissioned Lucchese to build a tribute boot to all 50 states and in 4 years they had the job completed. Due to lost and stolen boots, I think only 11 or 12 pair are known to exist. You can still get a pair made through Saratoga Saddlery for a measly $11,000. Let me know when you order yours.

If they were near my size , I'd make a run at them.
I thought with a BIN of $125 & never worn one of you might just set them on the shelf whether they fit or not. They may not have been made for the seller. The seller has a couple of never worn O'Farrell's in different sizes also.

I remember the 50 states boots. I'd rather have the black pair of TL El Rey's with all the diamonds on them. Actually I would like to have a pair made like the sheriff boots on the cover of one of Beard's books. I have several ancestors who were early Texas Rangers & I have photos from the museum & research center in Waco of what the badges would have been that they wore. I was going to wait until my research is complete to have a pair made & that hasn't happened yet.

Duck

Practically Family
Yep, it appears that he makes some good looking boots. That brown mule hide just speaks to me. Not fancy, just a good working boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

These are the original custom Tony Lama El Rey's & there might have been a choice of two versions, I'm not sure.

zm093a.jpg

With the next milestone anniversary came the El Rey II's with the diamonds around the bottom of the mule ear.

j8igj5.jpg

Next time something special was needed came the El Rey III's with diamonds up the length of the mule ear & on the end of each stem on the boot top. As I recall these were said to be valued at $50,000 because of the value of the diamonds.

so4g87.jpg

Then in 2011 for the 150th(?) anniversary came the El Rey IV's again valued at $50,000 with fewer diamonds.

2644yrq.jpg

Let me know if any of my facts are incorrect. Sorry some of the pics are so small.

Great post and history, Jack. The only thing I can add is the first two pair are alledged to have been stolen with no arrests or recovery of property. After that the subsequent pairs travel with two armed guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe