Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
COOL!!!
Maybe not country fried steak.... but maybe mexican???
Reckon we can get that melon head to buy a round?

If we stay long enough we might be able to do both, and I bet we could shame him into a round.

Neophyte

I'll see what I can do. Before I make the trip I'll have to actually make up my mind :)eeek:) about the custom design. If I can nail it down by the time you all decide to meet up, then count me in!

Neophyte

I need to try on a couple of styles and get my head shape traced out for the custom, so if I can get an up-close look at the new Stetson, that's just icing on the cake :D.

And hey, I can always postpone. As long as I make this trip sometime during my summer break, I'm game.

BobC

I think I'm already in for a 7 1/4 and if I'm not I'm declaring now. I hope to pick mine up in July maybe. I bet Mike can turn that into a long oval?

RBH

Bartender
I am not sure how quick Mike will get his order after we OK the hat.
If we get it in hand by the first of June, July may be possible.
The way I understand it all hats will be ordered through Buckaroo Hatters.
Thanks to all who have stepped up to let us know that intrest is here for a hat like this!

Omne

Familiar Face
We got our straws from Mike today in the mail. They look great! These were the hats made from the 50 year old blanks that Mike obtained.

3a.jpg

2a.jpg

4a.jpg

1a.jpg

This is the hat my wife bought
008.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

We're both very happy!

Last edited:

Neophyte

Well, my cars gonna be in the shop for a bit longer than I'd expected (hail damage from the April supercells), so my trip to Buckaroo Hatters will be delayed until early July.

I will most likely keep the design simple. A telescope similar to Jed Cooper's in Hang 'Em High, as I'd originally intended. 100% pure beaver, color black, with a contrasting ribbon and a black tooled leather hat band ('cuz I'm into leather :D). Dimensions still need to be worked out.
Until then, my BH Moorelite is more than enough hat to keep my head company.

If anyone is available either the first or second weekend of July, I'm game for a get-together. If not, I hope to at least get to handle of one o' them Strats I've been hearing about.

Well, I'll see you buckaroos on the trail. Later, y'all!

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Well, my cars gonna be in the shop for a bit longer than I'd expected (hail damage from the April supercells), so my trip to Buckaroo Hatters will be delayed until early July.

I will most likely keep the design simple. A telescope similar to Jed Cooper's in Hang 'Em High, as I'd originally intended. 100% pure beaver, color black, with a contrasting ribbon and a black tooled leather hat band ('cuz I'm into leather :D). Dimensions still need to be worked out.
Until then, my BH Moorelite is more than enough hat to keep my head company.

If anyone is available either the first or second weekend of July, I'm game for a get-together. If not, I hope to at least get to handle of one o' them Strats I've been hearing about.

Well, I'll see you buckaroos on the trail. Later, y'all!

If at all possible I will meet you at the shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld