Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Thermal drapes?! Drapes have underwear now?!:p
Yes, known as long-drapes.
Hey, they work very well in the summer to keep the house cooler, and in the winter to keep it warmer.
I've also got that plastic sheeting on the inside of the windows, which looks similar to saran wrap.
Once I did that (last year) I noticed a difference in my bill.
I also work with a guy that used to winterize homes for the Feds.
If I pay for lunch one day, he might swing by here and tell me where I can make improvements.
I'd be out $5 dollars for a jumbo BBQ with fries...well worth the investment. :D

HD snow this early? Better you than me. We'll have the temps for the next few days, but I don't want to go pull one of my guys back on the road in them. Dry and cold is much better than icy and cold.

Yes, known as long-drapes.
Hey, they work very well in the summer to keep the house cooler, and in the winter to keep it warmer.
I've also got that plastic sheeting on the inside of the windows, which looks similar to saran wrap.
Once I did that (last year) I noticed a difference in my bill.
I also work with a guy that used to winterize homes for the Feds.
If I pay for lunch one day, he might swing by here and tell me where I can make improvements.
I'd be out $5 dollars for a jumbo BBQ with fries...well worth the investment. :D

HD snow this early? Better you than me. We'll have the temps for the next few days, but I don't want to go pull one of my guys back on the road in them. Dry and cold is much better than icy and cold.
Longjohn drapes. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, they are saying you are nuts for living in such a cold area. :p

It's the jet stream, passes right through my city.
We get cold fronts and warm fronts that nobody else around us gets.
Unfortunately for those of us that like snow, our city has 2 natural barriers that direct snow storms North or South of the city.
Thankfully this happens with tornados too.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
for those of us that like snow
You like snow?!:eusa_doh:crazy:
Shoveling?! :nono:

35602514.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken