Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RickP

A-List Customer
I have been using the largest enameled canning pot I could find. It is not large enough to give the felt room to stretch out. Hence I am having difficulty getting an even dye job. I am looking to buy a stainless laundry tub 20" x 18" and have the drain welded shut with a stainless plate. It will sit on my two single burner butane stoves.
Dont know if there are any such places up there, but here there are a few used restaurant supply companies. My 8 gal pot is about 18" deep and a round 16" + bottom. Plenty big enough for most brims to lay flat. I found a round stainless grill place that is a bit over 1/4" thick and fits flat down in the bottom. .... keeps a flat brim up out of any debris in the bottom

Dont know if there are any such places up there, but here there are a few used restaurant supply companies. My 8 gal pot is about 18" deep and a round 16" + bottom. Plenty big enough for most brims to lay flat. I found a round stainless grill place that is a bit over 1/4" thick and fits flat down in the bottom. .... keeps a flat brim up out of any debris in the bottom
My pots are about 16" across and about 15" deep and they are not large enough.

Fedorico Hatman

New in Town
Hallo everyone. I hope some of you can bring some light about the name or history of this fedora model I’m about to receive from Agnoulita. The design is based on a hat I founded on the web, with a diamond crease and four pinches, two in the front and two in the back. Do you know what was it called and in which decade it was used. I send you some pictures. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpeg
    IMG_0688.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hallo everyone. I hope some of you can bring some light about the name or history of this fedora model I’m about to receive from Agnoulita. The design is based on a hat I founded on the web, with a diamond crease and four pinches, two in the front and two in the back. Do you know what was it call and in which decade it was used. I send you some pictures. Thanks in advance.
I call it a 4 corners.
IMG_4504.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Maybe a strange question but I got quiet a lot of hats and I wanted to share some pictures of them and so I wonder where to post pictures of them if I should start a new thread or post them in a specific thread.
The most active thread is probably “What hat are you wearing today”. So post daily hats there. Also if you look through the hat forum, you will find threads to show different kinds of hats. There’s a Homburg thread, for example, and a bowler/derby thread. There are also separate threads for different hat makers, Borsalino, Knox, Resistol, etc etc. There’s a thin ribbon thread. There are, I believe, even some threads for some iconic models, ie, not just a Stetson thread, but an Open Road thread..
Again, just go to the hat forum top page and you’ll see all the thread titles.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/forums/hats.3/

Looking forward to seeing what you have to contribute.

Maybe a strange question but I got quiet a lot of hats and I wanted to share some pictures of them and so I wonder where to post pictures of them if I should start a new thread or post them in a specific thread.

There are couple of threads like this one, as well.

Lucy90

New in Town
Hello, I have 2 Stetson hats and know nothing about them! Can anyone help me identify/date them?

Attachments

• IMG_6723.jpeg
    IMG_6723.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6722.jpeg
    IMG_6722.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6720.jpeg
    IMG_6720.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6719.jpeg
    IMG_6719.jpeg