Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any cases of haunted vintage jackets story to share?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Just wondering, since in this forum there are lots of vintage clothing, and many of the war period, I wonder if somebody have interesting story of a haunted jacket, probably some old jacket that creaks by itself or frequently unhooked by itself, or giving some weird feeling, something spooky to share :p

sorry if sounds dumb, but I really wonder...

Mark

Practically Family
Yep, pretty dumb! Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons when Homer receives a new hair piece from an executed prisoner and it HAUNTS him :eeek:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I remember watched an episode of those typical "paranormal investigator" programs couldn't remember which one, but it told a story of a guy who bought a vintage soldier uniform/ coat, and then being haunted by the spirit of the fallen soldier. :eeek:

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I have one.

Its the one in my AV.

My friends all see the ghost of the pilot (Or *feel* his aura or presence rather) wearing it on some nights...it gives them an un-easy feeling while being in the room with it, they keep seeing the guy inside of it from the corner of their eyes and it keeps making them Really Un-easy, I had to take it down from display by request.

Last edited:
I have witnessed no such thing.

Friend of mine had an ancient skull in his room for years and had never seen or heard anything that could be classified as paranormal - though another friend bought a used keyboard and swore that randomly at night, he would hear the sound of typing coming from it. He got rid of it. He also had a cat.

thor

Call Me a Cab
What about jacket "karma"? Would anyone be hesitant to own/wear a piece of militaria that had an infamous history, for example, an SS concentration camp guard's uniform?

What about jacket "karma"? Would anyone be hesitant to own/wear a piece of militaria that had an infamous history, for example, an SS concentration camp guard's uniform?

I would want to wear a reproduction of an SS concentration camp guard's uniform, let alone the real thing... To hell with preserving history, all that Nazi crap should be thrown into fire.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Actually I disagree, You need something with a negative context that is a physical connection to something *THAT* bad to remind not to ever go through with something that sinister ever again, but Throwing it the fire is bringing yourself to the SAME LEVEL as a bunch of Fascist book burners...so there.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I didn't want to start any political debate. Some people would feel the negative karma of an A-2 worn by a B-29 pilot who fire-bombed Tokyo. To some, there's just some bad "vibe" from any wartime combat-worn militaria[huh]

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Something like that, yeah.

same with Bayonets and knives from the war, Some of them tasted blood..you dont want those lying around the place.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I hace a WW II badge that, somehow, keeps falling from the hat I fitted it.

And I have a war worn pit helmet from WW*II that belonged to a guy that I was very close to, he was an army Captain, and his only daughter gave it to me when he passed away that I just can't wear it, it seem heavy as concrete.

Don't know why

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't know if something in my house was haunted, everything beeps, and flashes, and talks, and turns itself on and off all by itself all the time. Drives me nuts.
Nazi stuff? Yeah, burn it I say. If anyone has any 'bad vibes' about A-2's or whatever, I guess I'd just refer them back to the fact that they're lucky we won- the world would not have been a better place (for them even) if the Axis powers had defeated us.
Collecting bayonets? I wouldn't let my daughter date a guy who did in case he was some sort of nutter fantasist.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
If you ignore the past you are doomed to repeat it, Dont burn Nazi Stuff or you are no better than them.

The swastika Gives a lot of people a Boner for some reason...I dont know what that is exactly..but I mean most people are on a lower Level and are Vulnerable to symbols of Great power.

Let it be an example for things to Change in a positive way..enough blood has been shed, enough has been said.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
If you ignore the past you are doomed to repeat it, Dont burn Nazi Stuff or you are no better than them.

The swastika Gives a lot of people a Boner for some reason...I dont know what that is exactly..but I mean most people are on a lower Level and are Vulnerable to symbols of Great power.

Let it be an example for things to Change in a positive way..enough blood has been shed, enough has been said.

Nah, I'm going to have to disagree with you there, I'm very much afraid.
We've got Auschwitz and Dachau to remind us of the Nazis, along with stacks of documentary evidence. Everything else is just fodder for fetishists IMHO.

Just as a mental exercise, try this one;
Why is it ok to dress up in repro Waffen SS uniforms for the sake of 'living history' or 're-enactment', but no-one makes repro concentration camp prisoner uniforms?
I'm only guessing, but you're instinctive reaction might be along the lines of 'Because it would be disrespectful to the victims of Nazi genocide' (which is fine), but somehow dressing up as the SS isn't?

I would propose that since there is even an argument 'for' nazi re-enactment (amongst some), that the lessons of history have already been largely lost.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The only jacket I have that's haunted is my Langlitz, it's haunted by 20 years of cigarette smoke. Even after treating and treating I still catch the occasional whiff of tobac! Grrrr.

Worf

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
while most bayonets are just knives, but the sick tubular one like oversized syringe needle, that was a real nasty idea :eek: I can imagine if there is still tissue material or dried blood inside those hollow core bayonets, and it could be possibly "haunted" or emanates real bad vibe/ mood around it.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Good point Big J

I don't believe in haunted houses, much less haunted jackets, hats or suppositories. But I do believe in haunted minds.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I don't believe in haunted houses, much less haunted jackets, hats or suppositories. But I do believe in haunted minds.
That's the essence of karma, belief. Does one believe in a object or article of clothing or uniform bearing any kind of karmic property? Theorists speak of our "psychic footprint" and "reciprocal influences" in what we do, how we do it and it's lasting effect on other people's lives and also our environment. For some people who believe in such things as karma, it's not about who won a war and who lost. Winning or losing a war doesn't define good and evil. Karma (and, to get back to the OP, "haunted" jackets), is about the negative energy associated with pain, suffering, death and destruction. It's one's own personal belief that there's bad ju-ju connected to anything that's so closely linked to something as horrible as war or death or murder.
Would anyone want to own (and actually wear) Al Capone's fedora? Or Charles Manson's t-shirt? How about Joseph Stalin's uniform?

As Seb Lucas pointed out, it's about "believing". For some, they couldn't care less because they don't believe in something being "haunted". Someone probably does own Al Capone's fedora (not sure if he wears it though, LOL). Others wouldn't want anything associated with evil or negativity in their life because they believe in the power of karma.

Last edited:

Jwag

One of the Regulars
well, my sister and brother in-law do re-enacting of Civil war all the way up to Vietnam. He has a few original uniforms. They used to keep the uniforms in lockers. The lockers would rattle and bang around late at night. They moved to another house, and now store the uniforms in the attic hanging freely. Now every so often you hear footsteps upstairs pacing back and forth. And once in a while you can catch a glimpse of a dark shadow creeping its way down the hall, and through the attic door. Their dogs also seem to be sensitive to these events. I have personally witnessed these unexplained events. It was these events which got me interested in the paranormal world. You don't have to believe, but when you witness things like this, they simply can't be ignored.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82