Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero CXL FQHH vs vicenza vs Jerky HH

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
CXL HH is obviously the most rigid one. For this type of leather I prefer it thinner, like 2.25oz, then it becomes ok for me.
Vicenza has a range and depends on batch, but mostly still less rigid than the full weight CXL FQHH.
I only had one Jerky HH jacket and it is by far the least rigid out of the three. Totally different tanning method but I still prefer the other two over Jerky because I am a leather snob. Jerky is just regular combi tan crust with a paint finish, something I can do at home with my Angelus paints. The other two are a bit more complicated with the additional oil and waxes.

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Like others said, Aero CXL FQHH is really stiff...the most of any jacket I own. I don't mind that...some folks like the feeling of really breaking in a new jacket.

Heavy Jerky HH can be 2x as stiff as CXL. Plus it's infinitely nicer. It displays an actual surface of the epidermis, grain and all, unlike the sanded semi-split hide stuffed with machine grease that is the CXL.

I went the “manly route” with CXL 3 times, all were previously owned, but I was never really comfortable in them.

zebedee

One Too Many
CXL FQHH is heaviest (stiffness changes over time), Vicenza is lighter and more pliable immediately (and gets more so) and Jerky is a similar weight to Vicenza, but definitely the softest and most pliable. The finish wears off on Jerky more quickly than any other leather I've seen, leaving a beige/orangeish base. Vicenza would be my choice on balance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1