Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying leather jacket

Steve S

New in Town
Hi everyone!

I picked up this leather jacket recently from a thrift store where it was labeled as a 70s motorbike jacket.

It doesn’t have any other tags except for a small size tag (44).

-Serval zippers
-Looks to be Steerhide as it’s very thick. And its quite squeaky around the elbow bends
-bi swing back
-waist adjusters
-fairly short at 22.5 inches bottom of collar to hem
-interior zipper for what I assume would have been a removable lining
-jacket lining seems to be nylon as it’s slippery and feels solid
-front of jacket is longer than the back.

I’ve never seen this front pocket design either but the little zipper chains are really cool.

Any ideas of possible manufacturer or confirmation of year period?

Steve
IMG_7175.jpeg
IMG_7174.jpeg
IMG_7173.jpeg
IMG_7170.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg
IMG_7169.jpeg
IMG_7171.jpeg

Last edited:

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hi everyone!

I picked up this leather jacket recently from a thrift store where it was labeled as a 70s motorbike jacket.

-Serval zippers
-Looks to be Steerhide as it’s very thick. And its quite squeaky around the elbow bends
-bi swing back
-waist adjusters

I’ve never seen this front pocket design either but the little zipper chains are really cool.

Steve View attachment 640095 View attachment 640094 View attachment 640093 View attachment 640092 View attachment 640091 View attachment 640090 View attachment 640089

Looks like a (70s) Lesco

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I have the very same jacket. It's an early 70s model. The style was made by other similar companies like Reed. Mine looks exactly like yours. I did wear it back in the 80s. Ton had a very similar jacket made to order. Back in the day, I made two vests made for it. One out of lamb wool and the other made out of navy wool fabric. I did never like the adequate lining. Which is very similar to Schott's synthetic mouton wool. Lesco did make excellent jackets. My favorites from that company were the café racer type. They had the thickest leather than any similar company. Only an early 60s Schott was a step higher than lesco. For the price back in the day, they were excellent buys. I have posted some comparisons between the Brooks,Reed and the lesco café racer types

Last edited:

lisarobbert

New in Town
Hi everyone!

-Serval zippers
-bi swing back
-waist adjusters

Steve View attachment 640095 View attachment 640094 View attachment 640093 View attachment 640092 View attachment 640091 View attachment 640090 View attachment 640089
Use the match stick hack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton