Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, Amador, David, Manfred and Edward!
pw001.jpg

Sat nite to a retirement party in my Fed IV.

Dobbs today.
pw002.jpg

Shohei

Familiar Face
I love the look of snow on a dark fedora.
Seconded!

We must be sharing weather David, its been rather frigid -25C /-13F when I went to start up the van this morning at 6 am and its been cooler, not as cool as your Borsalino though!

Love the bash Edward, very nice hat too. Wondered about a CD for myself (after this last "one more" hat arrives and things settle) and was reading up on them on here.

Manfred, perfect on you and nice colour!

Same for you too hatophile, I'm drooling a little over that Dobbs!

Off sick (flu) today on my way for some rest. Went in to work just to open and keep things going until more arrived, still sporting the 50s OR.
(Take my word for it, as no one will want to see this mug)

jbucklin

Practically Family
Nice Hat JB, is it a dark gray?

The color is Granite, so yes it's grey with a slightly greenish hue. It was still a little wet from spraying it earlier, so it may look a little darker in the photo. I'm always tweaking my hats to get the crease and the brim just right. I was just about to give up and send this one back to Art to let him re-flange the brim, but I think I got it looking pretty good. Glad you like it.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Yes looks good on the Photo, was the brim out of Form. Maybe steam could better help.

Interestingly, I believe I may have over-steamed it in the beginning to try to get a little more curl in the brim. It ended up being sort of floppy and even a bit lumpy. I'm finding that distilled water in a spray bottle is more effective---and possibly safer---for reshaping a hat. And that's really true for Art's hats. I still use steam on hats of lesser quality i.e. modern Stetsons (of which I have many!).

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Camelid, fur and silk heavyweight cap aka "The Grease Monkey"

flaps up
P1030650.JPG
down
P1030653.JPG

After repeated cleanings, finally used pet stain and odor spray to remove the stubborn odor of petroleum. Still outweighs 4 average woolen caps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff