Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
so many beauties today, gentlemen!
Manfred-- that Borso looks great on you!
Perry- I like 'em both. The Fed and the Dobbs just look so natural.

Randall-- I loved that pic you posted last weekend!

I've still got a bit of catching up to do after juggling that stomach bug (hope I didn't give it to you, Shohei-- feel better!) and Mahler's 7th symphony.

Been wearing my Falcon Park for the past few days. When I ordered it I thought it would be a great summer hat. While it is, I didn't expect it to be so versatile in the winter as well. Can't wait for the next one!

Shohei

Familiar Face
Oooh I like that cap Robert!! love it actually... esp. with these temps!

jbucklin that VS is beautiful! When I first joined there was one up fs in the classifieds... I would have loved to snap it up alas my funds. Perhaps in the near future ;)

Thanks for the well wishes a 4 hour nap seems to have helps a lot.

Royal Stratoliner

Blue Monday.

011612.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I am taking my sweet time to catch up on all of the great looking hats posted over the past week and weekend. A truly outstanding display from everyone!

:eusa_clap :clap2::thumb: to all!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Randall: Your photo does not seem to be viewable.

BR: Really looking forward to your pictures from Chile!

Kirk: Very nice. Biltmore House is a magnificent place. Last time we visited, we had driven up in very spirited fashion, and in formation from the Performance Center in Spartanburg along some very lovely and winding back roads.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A Beaver Belly Long Weekend

I often enjoy the simplicity of wearing just a single hat over many days, one that combines quality with versatility in color and style. My Optimo, Silverbelly is such a hat, and it happens to be my wife Lydia's favorite fur felt hat. With her birthday falling on National Hat Day, January 15th, I decided to wear this lid over the long weekend.

Our dance card was full, and I really had to make haste following work Friday evening to arrive in time at the Ordway Center For The Performing Arts in St. Paul for a concert with the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra.

Sharing a lighter moment with Augustin Hadelich following his performance. Augustin is an as yet under-recognized talent with profound and prodigious natural ability, a gorgeous tone, and a "fire in his belly".

The lights in Rice Park, just across the street from the Ordway, seemed especially dazzling.

Saturday evening, and we were at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis for the Minnesota Orchestra's Bravo, Brahms! series, featuring another brilliant violinist, James Ehnes.

It was quite late in the evening when we left Orchestra Hall, and the snow was falling. With growling stomachs, we headed over to The Anchor, a favorite late night eatery. The proprietors are Irish ex-pats, and the place is usually packed to the gills and boisterous, but as the midnight hour approached I was able to enjoy my shepherd's pie in a subdued hush.

At the Himalayan in Minneapolis Sunday morning. Lydia insisted on staying low-key for her birthday, and so we had a very satisfying meal at one of our favorites.

In front of Pontius Pilate, in the gallery room of the Hennepin Avenue United Methodis Church in Minneapolis for the cycle of Shostakovich string quartets, presented by The Artaria String Quartet.

I took the day off yesterday, as it was a school holiday for Ryan. Sitting in the deli at Cecil's.

Staring out the window and reflecting on our wonderful weekend as we awaited our food. Savoring a meal together with my family is truly one of the most important things in life for me.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
On Saturday, I wrote: "It's actually cold here this morning, so, my sheep-rancher coat, jeans and boots, and my new-to-me '50s-era Stetson Open Road bashed into fedora style.

We need photos!
Here you go:
PW_Open_Road_small.jpg

Taken outside my apartment, a little blurry, but the brim swoop shows off to good effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff