Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite toys as a kid?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Of course! How could I forget.... mine is a dog and not a bear though. My mom gave me Brownie, her stuffed dog that she was given as a child, one night when I was having nightmares. She told me it would stop them and it did. Power of suggestion I guess [huh] Anyway, he was passed down to my daughter and now he's on a shelf waiting for his next owner :)

For those of you with an affinity for stuffed animals I highly recommend the novel 'Winkie' by Clifford Chase.

Not mine originally but now it is...

My mom was a big Snoopy fan. After she passed away I found them in a box while cleaning out her closet. I plan to keep them together along with her favorite hat, sweater, and her Bible.

DSCF0056.jpg

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I sure did love that large refrigerator box when I was a kid. Truly my favorite toy. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It was a plesant one.

=GG=

Absolutely! For a small child, Christmas morning is a process of digging through the wrapping paper and setting aside the contents so one can play with the real treasure, the cardboard box! When I bought a large gun safe, I unpacked and installed it and wondered what to do with the carton. My own children were long past the 'play in the box' stage but I happened to notice a neighbor with a toddler coming down the sidewalk. I asked her if a small boy would like a big box to play with and rushed to the backyard and dragged it out. I lay it on its side and the kid walked in (only stooping slightly, it was that big and he was that small). His face broke out in the biggest grin I ever saw. About five minutes later his father came to drag it to their house. It was the little guy's pride and joy until the rains came that winter.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My dad saved up and bought me a Schwinn Stingray bike when I was a kid. This was in an era when many kids were trying to do "stunt" jumping, and tricks. That Schwinn was a heavy bike compared to a PK Ripper, Hutch, Rebel, and Mongoose. Years later I still had mine and everyone else had broken their's or given their's away.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
My favourite toys as a kid were LEGO and model trains. Every boy should grow up playing with model trains. It doesn't matter if they grow up loving STAR WARS or something else, every boy will love model trains.

Instead of Legos I had American Plastic Bricks. I used to build towns for my Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels with them even if wasn't exactly the right scale.

url

url

[video=youtube;ILZRZWgwPq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILZRZWgwPq4[/video]

Gregg Axley said:
My dad saved up and bought me a Schwinn Stingray bike when I was a kid. This was in an era when many kids were trying to do "stunt" jumping, and tricks. That Schwinn was a heavy bike compared to a PK Ripper, Hutch, Rebel, and Mongoose. Years later I still had mine and everyone else had broken their's or given their's away.

I assume that you're more or less in the same age group as me. I think practically every kid back then had a Schwinn Stingray. I know I did! :)

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Lincoln Logs were great. I had them over at my grandmothers. Actually I live in the house now (bought it when they passed on), but I guess my grandmother gave the logs away. I don't remember it but I can't find them either. Very odd...
I also had one of those cannons mentioned earlier. She got it for one of my older cousins. I think it came with a styrofoam ball, at least that's what it had when I saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth