Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite toys as a kid?

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I remember turning my sandbox into a bunker. We dug out the center, put wooden crates up for the sides and mounded the dirt in front. I can't remember just who we were fighting but we had the best pillbox in SoCal.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I had this great go-kart that my grand father built for us. The only thing wrong with it was the built in governor! We couldn't go faster than he allowed- we knew how to change it, but we didn't dare!

Sleds. Take the sleds out to the farm in winter. Toilet was a bucket. Don't let your bum touch the metal- a good life lesson. :)

My Teddy Bear (Theodore Einstein Bear). The best toy/friend a girl could want. I still have him. Respect the Bear!

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
An advantage to using a bucket as a toilet. You learn at the age of 6 that metal and skin are a bad combination! THAT movie is one of my favorites of all time ( I swear I'll have a leg lamp by this Christmas!) But I laughed myself hoarse when I saw the flagpole scene. Poor Ralphie! You didn't know how that would end? Kid, You're a bit slow aren't you?

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
You too?! Arghh! We who love our Bear seem to have *evil* sisters!

True stories. When I was about 11, my sister and step-dad instigated a Bear war. I was "obviously" too old for a Bear. So they stole my Bear and started a game of keep-away. Which involved tossing Teddy onto the garage roof. And then IT happened. Teddy hit the ground and split open right across the face. Instant tears. Mom, needle and thread were deployed. My sister was too much of bear heathen to care, Step-dad? OH DEAR! Guilt! He deserved it! Poor Franken-Teddy! A scar right across the face. I refused to speak to step-dad (who actually was a good daddy,bear killing propensities not withstanding) for a week. Bear Killer! Mom explained he didn't mean it. Who cared?

Years pass. Mom cleans out house and calls Good Will to haul away unwanted furniture. Sister is still a threat to Bear. Bear is hidden in dresser. Dresser is given to Good Will. Dresser is seen as it pulls out of drive way, with screaming teenager running after it. MY BEAR! Hyperventilating kid runs to Mom-calls are made and the Bear is retrieved. Sister is threatened with horrific punishment if further threats are made against Teddy. I believe a spanking with a wet hand against a bare arse was involved.

And Bear is still safe. I'll be buried with that Bear!

A little before my time but another one that I'd like to have.

Battery Operated tin James Bond Car (Aston Martin DB5) by Gilbert
[video=youtube;msDZqFf7JQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDZqFf7JQE&NR=1[/video]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm a big Bear fan, as well......

Chicago_bears_mad_UBPREZ.jpg

I believe a spanking with a wet hand against a bare arse was involved.

So a little water intensifies the act? I did not know that. Must give it a try some day. The things one learns on the FLounge....:eek:

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
You did not know this? Horrors! Yes. Water+bare skin+spanking=intensified punishment. Think about it for a second. Wet skin with a well-placed kerthwap! Ouch! Not that I know this from personal experience. I was a good (didn't get caught) child. The sister? Not so smart. But she REALLY deserved it! Ask Teddy!

We demolished some outbuildings on the farm as a kid and the pieces of foundation were all piled up next to the pig barn. Best jungle gym ever!

I remember turning my sandbox into a bunker. We dug out the center, put wooden crates up for the sides and mounded the dirt in front. I can't remember just who we were fighting but we had the best pillbox in SoCal.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
When my family moved into Canarsie in 1963, the neighbor hood wasn't finished. There was no sidewalk and the street was unpaved. There were no house across the streets and there were vacant lots on the corner and around the block.

The vacant lots were 'playgrounds' for years before one of them was paved over and made into a 'real' playground.' When construction began on the house across the street, that became the newest playground, and each time the playground/park on the corner was fenced and renovated, it didn't stop some of us from jumping the fence to climb up onto the caterpillar and whatever else was there.

That original vacant lot that was there had a billboard on it a the corner. We used to climb up into it and look out a the neighborhood from the top. Quite a view.

rue

My favorite toys were a doll with a blonde ponytail and a teddy bear, i loved them both!

Of course! How could I forget.... mine is a dog and not a bear though. My mom gave me Brownie, her stuffed dog that she was given as a child, one night when I was having nightmares. She told me it would stop them and it did. Power of suggestion I guess [huh] Anyway, he was passed down to my daughter and now he's on a shelf waiting for his next owner :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Just as exciting as your neighborhood construction site story :caked:
Hey, it had adventure, intrigue and sex in foreign places while you were playing in a sand pile in your back yard.:boxing: :first:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That original vacant lot that was there had a billboard on it a the corner. We used to climb up into it and look out a the neighborhood from the top. Quite a view.
We did the same thing on this billboard (upper right). The building under construction in the foreground would become the world's second tallest upon completion.

PHOTO%2B-%2BCHICAGO%2B-%2BMICHIGAN%2BAVE%2B-%2BAERIAL%2B-%2BSTART%2BOF%2BJOHN%2BHANCOCK%2BBUILDING%2B-%2B1966.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth