Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Always wondered if there is any historical incident behind these two similar movie scenes made yrs apart. Or did one just copy the other?

"Billy, I got a real itch to shoot somebody this morning, so as an old friend, I'm advising you to stay out of my way." — Calamity Jane, Buffalo Girls

“There's someone I need to go kill.” — Calamity Jane

“Wha? Who?” — Charlie Utter

“You are not my target, but keep bothering me and I'll add you to the list.” — Calamity Jane, Deadwood

I’ve had this conversation before too. Only the names change:

“I don’t know, Annie. Maybe we’re just goin’ in different directions.” — Frank James

“Maybe so. Can’t help wantin’ what we want, can we?” — Annie Ralston James

“Yeah…well. My going’s got nothing to do with big dreams.” — Frank

“Nobody ever made you go where you didn’t wanna go, Frank.” — Annie, Long Riders

Lew Decker

Familiar Face
Verna: What're you chewin' over?

Tom Reagan: Dream I had once. I was walkin' in the woods, I don't know why. Wind came up and blew me hat off.

Verna: And you chased it, right? You ran and ran, finally caught up to it and you picked it up. But it wasn't a hat anymore and it changed into something else, something wonderful.

Tom Reagan: Nah, it stayed a hat and no, I didn't chase it. Nothing more foolish than a man chasin' his hat.

Miller’s Crossing

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Me? I was waiting to become a man, waiting to get away. Just to go away. But the memory of that summer is like a dream to me, a dream of music that is both heard and imagined, that seems to be both itself and its own echo. When I remember it, I think of it as dancing. Dancing as if language had surrendered to music. Dancing as if language no longer existed, because words were no longer necessary.

Dancing at Lughnasa

Last edited:
“Are you still asking fifteen dollars?” — Cole Younger

“I sure am.” — Belle Starr

“Ain’t nothing worth that much.” — Cole

“Well, I don’t figure I miss much.” — Belle, Long Riders

runawaybb

New in Town
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” – Albus Dumbledore (J. K. Rowling)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve S