Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Steven Spielberg’s 1975 classic suspense thriller about a killer shark terrorising the inhabitants of a small seaside town features one of the most consistently misquoted lines in movie history.

People often say “We’re gonna need a bigger boat” when they want to point out that something is entirely inadequate for a demanding task. The line is supposedly delivered by Chief Brody (Roy Scheider) to shark hunter Quint (Robert Shaw) when he finally catches sight of the giant shark.

But most people get the quote wrong. In reality it’s: “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”

Jaws (1975)​

Jeremiah and Bear Claw hunt elk:

”Wind's right, but he'll just run soon as we step out of these trees.” — Jeremiah Johnson

”Trick to it. Walk out on this side of your horse.” — Bear Claw Chris Lapp

“What if he sees our feet?” — Jeremiah Johnson

”Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!” — Bear Claw Chris Lapp, Jeremiah Johnson

“I want somethin' I ain't ever had." — Bertha Thompson

”How you gonna get that?" — Bill Shelly

”Guts and luck." — Bertha

”Luck? Hell, luck is bein' a Vanderbilt or a Carnegie." — Bill Shelly, Boxcar Bertha

“Jeremiah, maybe you best go down to a town, get outta these mountains.” — Del Gue

Shakes his head disgustedly, “I've been to a town Del.” — Jeremiah Johnson, Jeremiah Johnson

“Damn it Holliday! Are you in or not?”

“Oh indeed! Far be it from me to ever pass up on an honest game of cards!” — Doc Holliday, Doc Holliday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delrey486