Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

(If you haven’t seen the movie or read the book, the setting is a time of young men, when you could still be recognized as an American):

“You're just a deadhead. Just tell me one thing. What the hell would we want you with us for?” — Lacey Rawlins

”Cause I'm an American.” — Jimmy Blevins, All The Pretty Horses

vintagewool

Familiar Face
(If you haven’t seen the movie or read the book, the setting is a time of young men, when you could still be recognized as an American):

“You're just a deadhead. Just tell me one thing. What the hell would we want you with us for?” — Lacey Rawlins

”Cause I'm an American.” — Jimmy Blevins, All The Pretty Horses

"They're all Boy Scouts, these Americans." -Ferraro

The quotation is from memory.

Coincidentally, this film is also set in Mexico.

Watch Vincent Price steal the show.

His Kind of Woman (1951)

“We’ve seen some glory days Bartle, you and I. The likes of which will never come again.” — Calamity Jane

“Yeah, you and me. And Ol’ Jim…bye Calam.” — Bartle Bone

“Bye Bartle.” — Calamity Jane, Buffalo Girls

vintagewool

Familiar Face
“I guess the country lasts forever, people ain't but for a little while.”— John Grady Cole, All The Pretty Horses

"It just so happens we be Texicans. Texican is nothing but a human man way out on a limb. This year and next, and maybe for a hundred more. But I don't think it'll be forever. Some day this country's gonna be a fine, good place to be. Maybe it needs our bones in the ground before that time can come." -Mrs. Jorgensen

The Searchers (1956)

Full Metall Jacket

"The f....n' war will be over by the time we get out there, won't it, Private .... ?"

I BET, in the days of preparing for Vietnam, Gulf War 2 & 3, this was a standard line of Drill Instructors/Training Instructors, right?

You want to hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I’m an easy target. Yeah, you’re right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you but I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings. Well, you think what you want about me but I’m not changing. I like me, my wife likes me, my customers like me because I’m the real article. What you see is what you get.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g58211702