Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

“I figured you guys might be able to give me some pointers. I need to shape up. Fast.” — Lester Burnham

Are you just looking to lose weight, or do you want increased strength and flexibility as well?” — Jim Olmeyer

“I want to look good naked!” — Lester Burnham, American Beauty

“I don't know what it is about you, but the more you talk, the more you give me the willies. Now I don't believe I want you anywhere within earshot this evening, okay? You understand?” — Frank James, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

“I need a father who's a role model, not some horny geek-boy who's gonna spray his shorts whenever I bring a girlfriend home from school. What a lame-o. Someone really should just put him out of his misery.” — Jane Burnham

“Want me to kill him for you?” — Ricky Fitts

“Yeah. Would you?” — Jane Burnham, American Beauty

vintagewool

Familiar Face
Not exactly a movie quote, but appropriate given the recent passing of Donald Sutherland:

He said, on his breakup with Jane Fonda: "It was a wonderful relationship right up to the point we lived together."

Speaking of North Vietnam's most famous AA gunner, "Hanoi Jane" Fonda:

This is not a great movie but it is worth watching a few great scenes by Lee Marvin as Kid Shelleen (the following quotation is from memory):

"I've never seen a man go through a day so fast." -Boone

Again, you must watch the scene to get the line.

Cat Ballou (1965)

"[H]alf of this belongs to a horse." -Lee Marvin, Oscar speech (1966)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth