Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps the chorus of that Muddy Waters song, sung by Etta James might give you a swagger:
And I can tell by the way you walk that walk
And I can hear by the way you talk that talk
And I can know by the way you treat your girl
That I could give you all the loving in the whole wide world.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
It occurs that people under the age of, say, 40, might recognize the melody but couldn't say what it is. And they probably couldn't say just who Henry Mancini was, either. (But they know his work, even if they don't know they know.)

People under forty will know the (writer holds nose) Tom Cruise movies, but not the 1960's original TV series. You know you're getting old when that pup Cruise starts to look old. Lalo Schifrin, by the way.

In my youth, at the 90's, I liked much of the 80's stuff and older and I was always VERY astonished, how much unknown all the older music-stars were to the other (school)kids, which were really only busy with their boring, curious or stupid kiddie-whatever-discostuff, which was not even the regular chartmusic-stuff, but rather kiddie-versions of teenage charts! And this lasted until the end of 10th schoolgrade! o_O It was no problem to me. I just wondered about that.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
True, but what good does it do to look at the menu when you can't eat the food?

“ Here’s looking at you, kid!"...:(

rvx30o.png

Edward

Bartender
People under forty will know the (writer holds nose) Tom Cruise movies, but not the 1960's original TV series. You know you're getting old when that pup Cruise starts to look old. Lalo Schifrin, by the way.

Saw a picture of Cruise recently - looksl ike the last tiem he went under the knife, he asked the surgeon to make him look "more like Richard Gere". Eep.

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
I started to realize I was getting old when it had been longer since I got out of the army than the time between my father got out of the army and I went in. That was 28 years ago. It's now been nine years since my son got out of the army, too. Ah, but I am not yet a grandfather!

Edward

Bartender
Losing one of my beloved cats to kidney failure in recent weeks has me thinking about all the others I've loved and lost over the years. I realised my first cat died twenty-three years ago last month: he's been gone for almost double his own lifetime. Still miss the old bugger terribly.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Losing one of my beloved cats to kidney failure in recent weeks has me thinking about all the others I've loved and lost over the years. I realised my first cat died twenty-three years ago last month: he's been gone for almost double his own lifetime. Still miss the old bugger terribly.
Edward, cats rule us, dominate our lives, give you a look, after scolding them, that says: "And your problem is?" They can break your heart and then heal it again with one gentle rub of their face. If you go to this web site, you can leave a tribute.

LizzieMaine

Bartender

As long as you remember them they're never entirely gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken