Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Or even recoiling at the thought that the actress is easily young enough to be your daughter or maybe even granddaughter.
Frankly, 20-somethings ceased to be attractive to me once I realized I'm old enough to be their Dad.

Same here, though I have great difficulty considering women old enough to be my wife as being sexually attractive.

Edward

Bartender
I had a bit of a nagging crisis when I turned thirty (more connected to other things gonig on in my life at thed time thanthe age marker itself, though) - I remember thinking that by the time he'd been my age, Bob Dyland had changed the world twie, and I'd achieved nothing. Forty, on the other hand, was a breeze - essentially because I'd long accepted my own insignificance in the preceeding decade.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I had a bit of a nagging crisis when I turned thirty (more connected to other things gonig on in my life at thed time thanthe age marker itself, though) - I remember thinking that by the time he'd been my age, Bob Dyland had changed the world twie, and I'd achieved nothing. Forty, on the other hand, was a breeze - essentially because I'd long accepted my own insignificance in the preceeding decade.

Turning 34 was kind of a blow to me -- I realized that I had lived longer than Jesus.

Or even recoiling at the thought that the actress is easily young enough to be your daughter or maybe even granddaughter.
Frankly, 20-somethings ceased to be attractive to me once I realized I'm old enough to be their Dad.

I find 20-somethings plenty attractive, but I know better than to have designs on the nubile young things, for a few good reasons ...

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
No matter how attractive I might find nubile young women, I could never get past knowing how carnally disgusted they would feel about getting it on with me. Sociopaths, of course, don't suffer from this disability.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
No matter how attractive I might find nubile young women, I could never get past knowing how carnally disgusted they would feel about getting it on with me. Sociopaths, of course, don't suffer from this disability.
In my adult teens and early twenties, I had a grudging admiration and sense of envy, for nubile attractive young women. The way that they knew that they could turn men's brains to mush. The poor guy had no chance, the blood would drain from his brain to his groin, to the extent that there wasn't enough to make both organs function normally. Nowadays, I love walking past a nubile young woman, knowing, as you pointed out, that carnally, old farts disgust her, so instead of suffering the blood rush, I too can hold my head aloft with that hoity arrogance so beloved of nubile young ladies.

; being married tends to put a real damper on that whole "dating" thing with women other than my wife. ;)

Luckily, the marriage is such a (religious) thing from the day before yesterday (Germany). That was "society 1.0". Then, we got "society 1.5" means patchwork-families. That thing is already done, too.

And now, 2016, we got society 2.0, means "friendship premium", you know what I mean? ;)

With a little ironic.
But in fact, DSL changes all and we become more and more a singe-society.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
2wlvmki.jpg

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
When women frankly admire your outfit, secure in the knowledge that you are not going to take the compliment as an invitation to seriously flirt. About two weeks ago, one went so far as to say that she sees me walking in the hall of my office building, or on the streets surrounding it, and remarked that I should have a soundtrack! Hmmm, the theme from "Shaft", "Sharp Dressed Man", anyone have any suggestions?

When women frankly admire your outfit, secure in the knowledge that you are not going to take the compliment as an invitation to seriously flirt. About two weeks ago, one went so far as to say that she sees me walking in the hall of my office building, or on the streets surrounding it, and remarked that I should have a soundtrack! Hmmm, the theme from "Shaft", "Sharp Dressed Man", anyone have any suggestions?

How 'bout the "Mission Impossible" theme?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken