Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Do You Need Another Hat.....?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
lol A gal can always use more shoes, and a guy should never have to have an excuse to buy a new hat. Especially one as nice as that. Great Deal! Just goes to show that deals can still be found
Can you message my wife? :eusa_clap

bolthead said:
At least this is what my wife asked when I told her I was putting a bid in on this Disney. lol "You can only wear 1 of them at a time, what'r you gonna do with all of them"? :rolleyes:
A return to that question is why does a woman need another pair of shoes or handbag? Simple a complete wardrobe demands the appropriate accessories!

Dixon Cannon

It certainly is a curious obsession isn't it. I have hats everywhere. Always looking for a new one. Got one coming from eBay as we speak. And, I was looking at others tonight. This is craziness, I tell ya!... insanity! :p

It's 115 degrees outside so I can't even wear a hat at the moment. And to tell the truth, I sometimes forego the hat because I don't want to crimp my hair. Yet, I keep buying!

So this question, though rhetorical, is valid none-the-less. Why indeed do we keep accumulating hats? [huh]

You tell me!

-dixon cannon

Edward

Bartender
John in Covina said:
A return to that question is why does a woman need another pair of shoes or handbag? Simple a complete wardrobe demands the appropriate accessories!

Bingo! Just don't have too many hats the same colour and roughly the same style, and try not to have two the same shade. Accessories make or break an outfit!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:
It certainly is a curious obsession isn't it. I have hats everywhere. Always looking for a new one. Got one coming from eBay as we speak. And, I was looking at others tonight. This is craziness, I tell ya!... insanity! :p

It's 115 degrees outside so I can't even wear a hat at the moment. And to tell the truth, I sometimes forego the hat because I don't want to crimp my hair. Yet, I keep buying!

So this question, though rhetorical, is valid none-the-less. Why indeed do we keep accumulating hats? [huh]

You tell me!

-dixon cannon

Funny... my wife keeps using the word "obsession," too! lol

I've got hats stacked all around, mostly felt, some needing some TLC before being wearable, some I ought to consider reselling. I'm planning on making some hat racks along the lines of the one Bolthead made and lining the upper wall of a hallway with them. Still won't be enough, though. And still, I, too, have hats enroute from eBay purchases.

As addictions or obsessions go, I suppose it could be worse!:D

Cheers,
Tom

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:

You tell me!

-dixon cannon

If you happen to find a cure for this madness, do tell me! I'm in the same boat with it being too hot to really wear a hat, yet I'm still looking.

Dixon Cannon

Tango Yankee said:
I've got hats stacked all around, mostly felt, some needing some TLC before being wearable, some I ought to consider reselling. I'm planning on making some hat racks along the lines of the one Bolthead made and lining the upper wall of a hallway with them. Still won't be enough, though.
As addictions or obsessions go, I suppose it could be worse!:D Cheers,Tom

Oh Brother, do I know what you mean?!!

7abfb3ad.jpg

b382be6d.jpg

9286e3f3.jpg

-dixon cannon

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Here's my current central stacking area--I need to get those hat racks made so I can recover my writing desk! This doesn't include the ones in the closet, or on a freestanding hat/coat rack we have.

hatseverywhere3.jpg

hatseverywhere2.jpg

hatseverywhere1.jpg

hatseverywhere.jpg

And to think I've only been buying vintage hats since about December. No, I don't know how many I have, and I think I'm afraid to count! lol And yet, there are more inbound. :eek:

Once I finish my current project of getting my tractor running again I'll move on to hat racks.

Dixon, I use Photobucket as well. Under each photo you should see four different options. Do a single click on IMG Code and a flag will pop up saying "Copied." Then, in your post, do a right click and paste. That should do it!

Cheers,
Tom

Dixon Cannon

Tango Yankee said:
Here's my current central stacking area--

Man o' Man! I can't wait til you post all these on eBay when your wife says, "They gotta go!". They're all 7 3/8, no doubt! Just my size!

I've signed up for PayPal - I'm ready! ;)

-dixon cannon

P.S. Bingo! I'm in Bidness!...UdaMan!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Good Heavens. I think that now if my husband ever complains about the quantity of hats I have...I'll show him these pictures :) I'm in process of making pretty girlie hat boxes for all of mine so that they'll decorate my new dressing room off the master bedroom. My theory is that if I hide them all away in boxes, my husband won't know how many I really have and therefore I can have more :D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's why I have mine all in boxes, too. So my folks don't go, "you have HOW many hats?" and cut me off from buying.

Nashoba

One Too Many
bolthead said:
Hmmmm, I wonder if this would work for me? :rolleyes:

Can't hurt to try :) My other trick is that I buy them while he's gone. Since he's been deployed I've gotten 10 new hats :eek: When he comes back he'll ask me when I got a certain hat and I'll say Darling I've had that one for a while....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth