Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why did men quit wearing hats ???

plain old dave

A-List Customer
dhermann1 said:
I agree with everybody. Plus: have you tried wearing a fedora in a car with a head rest? Very irksome! The hat has to go in the back seat!

I can wear my OR in my Crown Vic (1998 model) no problem... That said, TN State Troopers generally park their campaign hats in a 'rack' in the roof or in the passenger seat when driving...

dhermann1 said:
I agree with everybody. Plus: have you tried wearing a fedora in a car with a head rest? Very irksome! The hat has to go in the back seat!

Depends on the hat and the headrest, as plain old dave observed. Some hats (most of mine) can be worn while driving some modern cars (both of mine) without the hats and headrests coming into contact.
I know what you mean about those hats and headrests that aren't so compatible, though. Irksome, indeed.

Jerekson

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:

Than ditch the headrest :p

Most cars nowadays have removable headrests. I always take mine off while driving with a hat.

MattJH

One Too Many
Jerekson said:
Than ditch the headrest :p

Most cars nowadays have removable headrests. I always take mine off while driving with a hat.

It's so much easier to just take the hat off! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe