Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who’s going to pick up this Himel Bros?

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Classic Taubers-not easy to get on/off even with side zips

I have one of these Taubers and not a real issue get it on and off

e_9n0nEGuOoG2JN5Dqpx9_4SZQ8ZGujHe7SfZJkgWMkyaiYfTkcPMbdpf2CNWAxsrQtsewSHEMLTZOrwAIAJmJpYt-SdlS2uwbrdIQo-7WUyjQC6AqgTO4BNiw6zxFpLsrogAR2u-4M0-jEe08sANiaVa3-HPyCjAcSPW5QRfP_MdFMFBQLa1PIcg1CT6QUSymFbsC5eR6KQvgvSKMpAdcBoyvv_Eo_Vc3T2He9NgsZVhNlFQOQP2hb4w2Hu1nR6KKSLKhisx-kqOgByygPPDHPDYPUwuGgr7zLvHEgodaUcDM3bNa56SnipmkZrM-GN4kJyA6kjfQHTEwLYVLznEuKIto0WalmJ7J8YApcZgttyt3ovaBzEqpbFWj2k7mfQgj9qFR-Yb_9hclSK1P36Ziit_9euN-joHi2SP_tpoi9vuEdF8q54XXxMIRT8o5RqhWrizUEjXIkRPatp8b3Txgxo87sUoKN8LZ6dKXrFK8BBXSqJterZhr1776o_3x1VpSwxIBCfFVEGiXOLlb0T0jUAixKYc3WRX7Zj_j63dc9fraVOfxCRxgLRpFalQ0kcjrcQ0slOfxqYiVVg7AfCHEGbt9k0oaVdwEWw57LOP87Bu8vROvhA_pHNRzA0TIa5pbc3hCLq3nocrJGGEoUfiqLnZ03MxZCEBKHNz3pREC3rjenNsaHTIl4poGTxTroTK_6T4yZJFNHnLt2GsnqB6Vqo=w1012-h672-no

VuUrA4K8XLY_Ft0ftagcQFUg19gx20pSnq5kuFob29JX0JDYuZM8ohoYTBh4QbYf0ydGvtXS3K-Fp5UJxk6wFHFLDSUCKxPZECbr-ZeWOB1PC4Z8IezAVdCZOLnSQ4m4jnDOLJxhcToIKo0FAhNQDj-XvW3EwxMxY6wMOz1ZO05Q2Lh5l7NHROkO3UovLyIMN_nSBvMdesTYMSgEPy6pXxr8Kh1etiprrJKxp7yMCw7H45Efzj2DoyvCyOSXivMHxZo4ukPmmYQq1nhKdpa0S6sGx-1zyJOsGPxqLtkG45mvb161Gv54rBVu9JYFP_UgI3svdzCvDQ1icQ2Mk6RusvwIQC1TzlGyZ7-yglAiUdwj2Mzcly_84B7zwvBHk18KFgskkK933pAhwDeqqkZweQ2WYd-jJP8Np9B6h6wQNbOZ3PsYukA441Y2N9TjV6Or0YL0042u3bOT0BaQ0wbF5_6ZLAZFEnowLo8_Ge-2t7Hdx3YP_w-JVg5yiCryoKofUlVFTANyh7p9p-ArLf8klSgrqxn1ldfUyrlfSTzygLASi7U-psuSrLwBHBQLIWmR6FKlUeaV8qqqzS3Sk734mTj4vXFOony9nB05YmFJ4N_H0apJZBfQTsEnMieICqzlrnfL7uvVcm7m67n5cqp_gIXX-kVE8Kb670gVO7i70YyGxi6wNdvt9k2ARBho1Xvnwp3WjATGmw3rCoBCVsYN-joF=w950-h672-no

rCjSmwkFOP21ZAA6KLGLk2VHe7hDe6YSfdx1rZ256hRwHAYQgvd_A1cuF_AmxUW8thSB5qsLWWKN4K_dMuqhzHmXzG56Tb-mMA_B6_5MFKy74VnolyzosaMLI2F_K6JSIu3tAg_x2Xvk-rbhvRfhs2WqVpTv0gC5pxdCCU8-6d5v-zCbCEyvWEaDJQEUsQ-hS4T3cd2BCYPBM29VNoLBnIdAstHjmn3e59kbV9NSRRrwtHTvLxiyKqY5B-OoGsZysdMB18PN6tdrb-Z9LzXkJb5W9O0Db9cgZub1EbHHXVUJuvEL9KQ0MSDpNJ6Lx1QK3X6vUrQ05aGFvu0-k5xUQl1G65LSrsYpr86-0192F6e_0i25Ev-UdqcTy1L_fqbLD_AvEphIe8yKVwFYtO5w2fklUANU6R7ul1Pv6eigCl0LLdpKaU3s7a4RiXZ7QV0h25G0h1vGs4ceTzdZas15cvQ2dMK3KygZfdfbanzAWwBCpXifRBHxE5cOiYs6a1AoUNgN1MoZGW2d3YAdqcQCXPIw1_voFa_mxmrAzYzak7FWePfwee5PKNdaC3QFcWfXxzekUdT4cMenjEH_AoWc9N-4o_hs_Kof7XHt8ttyx1USQdkB-pN0OgCW4H7J2KMvIpFShtM-SD8oNLNywFJWDAPjXnkbbcExD-iUBADVyGhjZ-XqvIehkKXGofRodm3A5L2AsZIyccAXcv6cswaZH0CO=w1012-h672-no

Edward

Bartender
Let's hope not!

Speaking of, ahem, "unique tastes", check this thing out which Sefridges chose to email me to advertise today... it's brilliant in a terrible way:
View attachment 366540

I'm oddly fascinated by that. It's interesting as a design concept; I'm assuming though its sole purpose is aesthetic, but the choice of the Wehrmacht's rain pattern camo (widely used in Eastern Europe as well as in West Germany post-war, I believe) is a striking one. I don't see myself rushing out to buy one of these (it rather loses its point as a waistcoat/vest type garment for me if it lacks the advantage of functional pockets), but all the same it's an interesting thing to spot in the fashion mainstream. I'm totally out of touch with the fashion industry now - my only point of reference is what my undergraduates wear, which hasn't changed markedly that I've noticed in the last twenty years (the return of skinny jeans aside). Is military-inspired stuff on the rise again?

^^ Yikes!!

That $4200 Himel does not hold much intrest for me. Even at $42.00

However a lot of his other works are indeed great!

I think it's fair to say that, as with so many crafts, the leather jacket niche definitely has some items that can command a very high value from a specific group, while others look on in askance at the price tag. Aside from the obvious fixed costs (materials and labour), market value would seem dictated very much by the size of the audience for a particular aesthetic. In truth, I'm not sure I can imagine paying out several thousand for any item of clothing, but clearly there must be those who are able and ready to do so, or there wouldn't be a product on the market at that sort of price.

The devil jacket in particular I'm sure a big part of what drives the cost up is the camo paint job; that to my eye would take a fair whack of time to get right (time that could go a long way otherwise to building a second jacket), and there's a lot of judgment there in not going too far... Similarly, the graphic look to be embroidered, I'm sure it took a lot of time to have those produced and then stitch them on to the jacket. I should think the labour costs in producing that one far exceed any other jacket.

I think it's fair to say that with many manufacturers, though, some very highly priced items are more showcases of their craft than something they expect to sell a huge number of.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I certainly wouldn't buy it for that price, and I'm not sure I'd wear it if I did, but I think it's kind of cool. With a mandarin collar I could also imagine it well.
But yes, it is very special.

At least in this picture (I don't remember who I stole it from) it looks pretty good.
445377DF-A444-4245-B4C0-BB17AAECD8F4_1_201_a.jpeg

Rich22

Practically Family
I certainly wouldn't buy it for that price, and I'm not sure I'd wear it if I did, but I think it's kind of cool. With a mandarin collar I could also imagine it well.

At least in this picture (I don't remember who I stole it from) it looks pretty good.
View attachment 366946
It looks a million times better in that photo than any other! For anyone owns it, never ever do it up because this way works. It could do with a belt or cinch, though, as even in that picture the hem is far too large, giving the jacket something of an upside down V shape.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 366946

Seems like they took this picture while he was moving. Not sure it would look that good standing still

Aquinn

New in Town
I'm oddly fascinated by that. It's interesting as a design concept; I'm assuming though its sole purpose is aesthetic, but the choice of the Wehrmacht's rain pattern camo (widely used in Eastern Europe as well as in West Germany post-war, I believe) is a striking one. I don't see myself rushing out to buy one of these (it rather loses its point as a waistcoat/vest type garment for me if it lacks the advantage of functional pockets), but all the same it's an interesting thing to spot in the fashion mainstream. I'm totally out of touch with the fashion industry now - my only point of reference is what my undergraduates wear, which hasn't changed markedly that I've noticed in the last twenty years (the return of skinny jeans aside). Is military-inspired stuff on the rise again?

I think it's fair to say that, as with so many crafts, the leather jacket niche definitely has some items that can command a very high value from a specific group, while others look on in askance at the price tag. Aside from the obvious fixed costs (materials and labour), market value would seem dictated very much by the size of the audience for a particular aesthetic. In truth, I'm not sure I can imagine paying out several thousand for any item of clothing, but clearly there must be those who are able and ready to do so, or there wouldn't be a product on the market at that sort of price.

The devil jacket in particular I'm sure a big part of what drives the cost up is the camo paint job; that to my eye would take a fair whack of time to get right (time that could go a long way otherwise to building a second jacket), and there's a lot of judgment there in not going too far... Similarly, the graphic look to be embroidered, I'm sure it took a lot of time to have those produced and then stitch them on to the jacket. I should think the labour costs in producing that one far exceed any other jacket.

I think it's fair to say that with many manufacturers, though, some very highly priced items are more showcases of their craft than something they expect to sell a huge number of.

I don't think I could pull off that devil jacket but the Excelsior model itself is one I've wanted for a while. I almost got the Mister Freedom Campus cossack which is similar but a little short and nowhere as nice as a Himel. I actually just snagged the 42 natural steerhide one in this sale! It hasn't shipped yet but can't wait to put it on! I'm even more excited after talking to Dave on the phone to confirm the fit and he told me the actual jacket is the one in his Excelsior Deep Dive video on youtube. It's the one with the yellow buttons that I think look amazing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 6.51.42 PM.png

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 366946
looks cool, but most jackets look cool in action pose, I bet the henley comes off too if he try to remove the jacket after wearing it for awhile, and then have to put it back on, messy hair. shades half unhooked from the ear, dunno where his hat goes :D

Edward

Bartender
I don't think I could pull off that devil jacket but the Excelsior model itself is one I've wanted for a while. I almost got the Mister Freedom Campus cossack which is similar but a little short and nowhere as nice as a Himel. I actually just snagged the 42 natural steerhide one in this sale! It hasn't shipped yet but can't wait to put it on! I'm even more excited after talking to Dave on the phone to confirm the fit and he told me the actual jacket is the one in his Excelsior Deep Dive video on youtube. It's the one with the yellow buttons that I think look amazing.

View attachment 367174

I've been looking at the Aero version of this style for a long time, it's a great look. Most of "our" brands do their version of this one now, though I think it's fair to say Himel were instrumental in popularising it on the market. MajorMajor who used to frequent TFL had an Aero version in a great looking petrol blue which had these slash-style handwarmers instead of the patch pockets. It's a great look. I have to admit, I'm torn that way: the patch pockets would make it markedly different from all my other jackets, which is a consideration, but the slash pockets look superb... I don't used handwarmers as handwarmers, so it's more aesthetic than anything for me.

Be interesting to see how that yellowy-tan shade ages.

looks cool, but most jackets look cool in action pose, I bet the henley comes off too if he try to remove the jacket after wearing it for awhile, and then have to put it back on, messy hair. shades half unhooked from the ear, dunno where his hat goes :D

Does raise a question of lining... a non-grabby one would make it a lot easier to slip on and off.

I almost got the Mister Freedom Campus cossack which is similar but a little short and nowhere as nice as a Himel.[/MEDIA]

Shorter it is but what is it about Excelsior that you find nicer? Mister Freedom's Campus always seemed to me like a considerably nicer, more refined jacket than Himel's (or any other, for that matter) version.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Presumably, the zippers on the sides would just have to open wide enough. So really up to the armpit completely.
I have a vest that has the zipper on the side and is very easy to put on. Ok, with a vest it is easier because of the lack of sleeves, but somehow something like that should work.
F1D2D6F1-B78F-4B0D-A8E6-A691CFF12DB1.jpeg
833CDAD2-C908-4988-A5AA-B4149AB22D42.jpeg
80C3E67B-4246-4DFB-94C2-AA99800F19F6.jpeg
B873E3FF-AE8E-4121-83A6-AE040D1396C2.jpeg

Aquinn

New in Town
Shorter it is but what is it about Excelsior that you find nicer? Mister Freedom's Campus always seemed to me like a considerably nicer, more refined jacket than Himel's (or any other, for that matter) version.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve liked the campus for for a while too but I guess I was mostly talking about the leather. I live close to mister freedom and have checked those jackets out several times and the hides definitely have scars here and there. It seems like a more “rugged” jacket where the excelsior can be a bit more dressed up as well as be casual. But that’s pretty subjective I guess. Also it doesn’t help that the campus is made for hobbits.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
While you're out hunting (for the perfect Insta pic) wearing your Horween pullover and you need to go in hiding, just unzip the sides and pull the front flap over your head. Non of the other instagram posers can see you because the 'Japanese tiger stripe camo' has got you covered.

9F87420D-F08B-48A1-8255-F4792F0E3AE8.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^Well the occupant of that track suit sure seems to be enjoying it. :)

Hope so, it may be a while before you get it back off again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads