Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's something modern you won't miss when it becomes obsolete?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
sasana5u.jpg

So, where do you see yourself in 10 years? And what experiences have led you to this goal?

vintage68

Practically Family
Maybe someone already posted about this, but speaking for myself I won't miss baggy jeans where the waist sits below the butt and men need to waddle as they walk to keep up the pants. Just sayin'

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll tell you what I won't miss....
View attachment 9363
:doh:
Someone missed the childhood-beating, I see. :D

Just think, it took four billion years of evolution to produce that.
Yup.
That's our greatest accomplishment: believing we are capable of multitasking. :nono:

Maybe someone already posted about this, but speaking for myself I won't miss baggy jeans where the waist sits below the butt and men need to waddle as they walk to keep up the pants. Just sayin'
Oh, this has been talked about ages ago, but it's worth mentioning it again.

baggypants1.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I know saggy pants are supposed to be the trademark of urban thuggery, but I see plenty of them around here being worn by middle-aged men with gigantic paunches who insist on buying pants with a 32 inch waistline when they haven't had a 32 inch waist since high school. They insist on deluding themselves into thinking their pants fit, when all they do is make them look like a cantaloupe balanced on top of two toothpicks.

Sorry boys, you're not fooling anybody. Everybody but you knows your days of shopping the "slim fit" section at The Gap are long gone.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry boys, you're not fooling anybody. Everybody but you knows your days of shopping the "slim fit" section at The Gap are long gone.
One picture, two options.
Picture: Fella is bending over.
Option one:
Rude version of me would tell them "Your ass is saying hello to the crowd"
Option two:
Polite version of me would tell them "There are children around"
There is NO version of me that can remain quiet. :D

P.S. Great graphic Stray Cat!
Thank you, sir. :yo:

rjb1

Practically Family
There's a silver lining in every cloud. A local news story here told about a drug dealer with low-hanging pants who tried to run away from the cops. Fell on his a-- from tripping over his own pants after they slipped down. Nabbed immediately...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82