Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Evening-dinner, now at the moment:
One slice of greybread with nut-nougatcream and one slice with good old sugar-beet-syrup! Tasty! ;)

@Babydoll

Yum!! :)

It really was delicious. I also used smoked black pepper, Yukon gold potatoes (very creamy when cooked), and added cream cheese to make it very thick and creamy. Hubby says it was better than soup you get in a restaurant. :)

Oh man, long long time ago, that I had canned (atlantic)-herring in mustard-dill sauce the last time! It still tastes really good, with this mediterrenean sauce!! :)

Found some morel mushrooms over the weekend. They ended up in a quiche with some broccoli.

25674843554_3cea120e0d_o.jpg

25676895973_e54edb8c96_o.jpg

Looks awesome, how's it made?
It's super easy. You only need one pot. I use a deep skillet with a lid, but a covered boiler works well too. Crumbled up and brown a pound or so of bulk sausage, like you'd have for breakfast, and when it's done throw in a chopped onion, bell pepper, some celery, and garlic. A little black pepper, maybe a teaspoon or more of paprika, and a little shake of cayenne pepper if you like it spicy. In went 2 cups of uncooked rice, 4 cups of chicken broth, and half a beer. Throw in a bay leaf or two, and once it starts boiling reduce heat and cover. Cooks just like regular rice at this point. Maybe 20 minutes or so on low. When the rice is done stir it all up together (the meat & veggies will float up to the top while it cooks) and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82