Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Jambalaya at my house tonight.

Bananas foster for desert.

The wife bought this to make a salad with.....
e570a53a4a1c850bba9bf727b9a98975.jpg

It's like veal........only it's not.

Last edited:
Geez, that would be like heaven with beer. :p

It was good, all the local craft breweries were there and the lady of the house, the beer connoisseur, introduced me to some new beverages that I enjoyed until I had one that tasted as if it were brewed with burned espresso. Not my favorite.

Interesting though was the monopoly had by certain local distributors, obviously the Miller cartel. All of their products were offered at $3.00 a pint, tall boys of course and the craft brewers were charging $5.00 a pint. From my experience with these type venues, prices are predetermined and set by the venue, making it difficult for the little guy to get a foot in the door.

Gives you an idea where the longer lines were.

It was good, all the local craft breweries were there and the lady of the house, the beer connoisseur, introduced me to some new beverages that I enjoyed until I had one that tasted as if it were brewed with burned espresso. Not my favorite.

Interesting though was the monopoly had by certain local distributors, obviously the Miller cartel. All of their products were offered at $3.00 a pint, tall boys of course and the craft brewers were charging $5.00 a pint. From my experience with these type venues, prices are predetermined and set by the venue, making it difficult for the little guy to get a foot in the door.

Gives you an idea where the longer lines were.

The lines other than Miller mass produced skunk beer? :p

The lines other than Miller mass produced skunk beer? :p

Not so much. It just felt that the mass produced beers were trying to keep the small guys from gaining any kind of footprint. From the banners that were displayed to the pricing of their product relative to the craft brews. While the big names had colorful banners and tent tops, the craft brewers were left in the corner, no colorful advertising, no come and try us price, it just felt like a cult band trying to gain a following. A tough row to how.

Not so much. It just felt that the mass produced beers were trying to keep the small guys from gaining any kind of footprint. From the banners that were displayed to the pricing of their product relative to the craft brews. While the big names had colorful banners and tent tops, the craft brewers were left in the corner, no colorful advertising, no come and try us price, it just felt like a cult band trying to gain a following. A tough row to how.

I will happily pay more for the better beer, especially if it comes with a shorter line. I also enjoy trying new flavors moreso than drinking that which I already know tastes like crap.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82