Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

I've always felt that spam, when sliced thin and fried crispy, made an acceptable bacon substite, if for whatever reason the real deal were unavailable. I suppose they are trying to tap that market.
By the way, I was unable to find the chorizo flavor spam the other night, although I did see the bacon kind, and several other "flavors". I suppose they are trying pretty (a little too) hard to move the product these days.

I've always felt that spam, when sliced thin and fried crispy, made an acceptable bacon substite, if for whatever reason the real deal were unavailable. I suppose they are trying to tap that market.
By the way, I was unable to find the chorizo flavor spam the other night, although I did see the bacon kind, and several other "flavors". I suppose they are trying pretty (a little too) hard to move the product these days.

Let's stop the crazy talk. The only way spam could be a substitute for bacon is if bacon did not exist otherwise there is no substitute for bacon other than more bacon.
:D

I would prefer spam-bacon over turkey-bacon.....or maybe even the crappy cheap kind that is sliced so thin you can read the paper through it.

I haven't had fried baloney in ages. Served up with toast and scrambled eggs was a favorite of my Dad's, and we had it quite a bit when I was coming up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21