Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
You would have to PAY me to stand in line for a lousy hotdog. Maybe they were free. That would be different. :p

ShakeShack is pretty good - they just opened a new branch at our daughter's school (Drexel University in Philly) and we've stopped in a couple of times. When the first one in Philly opened a year or more ago, the lines were apparently approaching that photo in length.

I wouldn't wait that long for a hot dog or burger either :)

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
If you like curry, we just found a terrific curry dish in Campbell's new Slow Cooker sauces: Moroccan Spiced Stew. Super easy. Just pour the contents of the package (we used two) over chicken (we used breast filets), cook on low for six hours in the crock pot and serve over rice. We had it yesterday and it was fantastic. One of the best pre-packaged sauces I've ever had.

ShakeShack is pretty good - they just opened a new branch at our daughter's school (Drexel University in Philly) and we've stopped in a couple of times. When the first one in Philly opened a year or more ago, the lines were apparently approaching that photo in length.

I wouldn't wait that long for a hot dog or burger either :)

Pretty good is one thing but waiting in line for pretty good is another. :p

Chicken livers with garlic and onions, and a kale salad.

Kale salad? I am glad you live on the other side of the country. :p
smiley-fart002.gif

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Can't inspire any jealousy in me with that one.
Chicken gizzards, for sure. But not chicken liver.

Well, one cannot make Pâté de Foie de Volaille de Duxelles without them!

Besides, They are lovely in Foies de Poulet a la de Pachmann, chicken livers sautéed with shallots and bacon in a light cream sauce, served over spinach fettuccine.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Took my wife to the Indy airport and as always stopped at White Castle. Got a 10 pack and ate 9 on the way home. I will pay for that. Not 20 years old any more.

dnjan

One Too Many
Well, one cannot make Pâté de Foie de Volaille de Duxelles without them!

Besides, They are lovely in Foies de Poulet a la de Pachmann, chicken livers sautéed with shallots and bacon in a light cream sauce, served over spinach fettuccine.

The only pâté I make is Pâté de Campagne. Only a small amount of liver, and I use either beef or duck liver.
Nobody ate the chicken liver when I was growing up, but mom cooked them anyway.
Had to.
The dog wouldn't eat them raw.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Pretty good is one thing but waiting in line for pretty good is another. :p
NYC has THE WORST hotdogs, so yes, I would wait up to a half hour for a Chicago style dog (using Vienna .) While in Chicago, where there are a myriad of great hotdog stands, there's no need to wait more than five minutes. ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Took my wife to the Indy airport and as always stopped at White Castle. Got a 10 pack and ate 9 on the way home. I will pay for that. Not 20 years old any more.
:eeek:
10???????
Was this some kind of Frat dare? :D

I had fajitas, with chicken, steak, chorizo, and bacon.
With that much in it, you know I ate out. :D

No love on the chicken livers, guys? Come on! There was a bonus in the package....two chicken hearts. Ya'll are missing out! :D
I wouldn't stand in line for a kale salad. That one was not one of my best ideas. :doh:

Tonight: ribeyes, steamed broccoli, and brown rice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82