Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Steak meatballs and PBR?
Wow, someone is living the high life.
No wait, that's Miller beer. :D
You people are killing me, with ribs on the grill, and a burger cooked over wood.
It's rained here the past few days, but I guess I need to grill out Saturday to catch up!
Need more pecan wood though. It's taken me awhile (3yrs or so) to exhaust 60lb, but somehow I only have a few pounds left. [huh]

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Tonight's menu, meat loaf, boiled red potatoes, gravy, mixed veg, apple pie with vanilla ice cream (or maybe old cheddar, I haven't decided). Maxwell House coffee with 18% cream.

Genuine old fashioned dinner.

Steak meatballs and PBR?
Wow, someone is living the high life.
No wait, that's Miller beer. :D
You people are killing me, with ribs on the grill, and a burger cooked over wood.
It's rained here the past few days, but I guess I need to grill out Saturday to catch up!
Need more pecan wood though. It's taken me awhile (3yrs or so) to exhaust 60lb, but somehow I only have a few pounds left. [huh]

Meatballs and PBR. The sustenance of Hipsters. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Let's see, you own ten cars. Have a big bachelor pad. Work at a high paying union job with benefits. Drive cars that cost more than the Exxon Valdez to fuel up. Hmmmm....Yes! :p
You've got him dead to rights here James.
Did I mention he uses Moose House cheese on his burgers?
At $500 a pound his claim of "we Wiconsins have connections" seems a bit odd.
BTW he's on to something with those big cars. Most of us pull our drink coolers around by the handle, Tom drives his! Brilliant thinking if you ask me. ;)

I own 5 cars. I have a nice apartment, because my dad owns the building. High paying is a LAUGH! I probably pull in over the course of a year what you do in six months. The cars are expensive to fuel up, but I don't drive much more than 6-8,000 miles a year, and most of my driving is highway. All my cars get 20-26mpg on the highway.

Let's see, you own ten cars. Have a big bachelor pad. Work at a high paying union job with benefits. Drive cars that cost more than the Exxon Valdez to fuel up. Hmmmm....Yes! :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I own 5 cars. I have a nice apartment, because my dad owns the building. High paying is a LAUGH! I probably pull in over the course of a year what you do in six months. The cars are expensive to fuel up, but I don't drive much more than 6-8,000 miles a year, and most of my driving is highway. All my cars get 20-26mpg on the highway.
Tom, I've been where you are (years and years ago) and it's great.
Enjoy it while you can.
At that stage in life, I'd run by a friends chicken place on Friday nights, then come home and watch Extreme Championship Wrestling when it was what the name said, and not just in name only!
Just me, the dog, good food, and wonderful entertainment.
Enjoy your bachelorhood while you can, and who cares what gas costs to fill up your cars? You are setting a trend for everyone else to follow, they just seem to be slow learners. :D

Last night we had chicken and beef fajitas at a local restaurant. Too tired to cook lately.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Making spaghetti sauce doesn't have to be expensive and a good sauce doesn't have to have meat to be satisfying.

I've been experimenting with spaghetti sauce lately. I went to the local Italian store and bought a big jar of tomato sauce. People always say to get San Marzano tomatoes because they are supposedly the creme de la creme of tomatoes so I got the Rosa brand.

35ozrosaSMtomatoes.gif

I added honey, basil, oregano, and like 40 cloves of garlic and it was fantastic. I use brown rice pasta and rotate between bison meat and grass fed lean beef so my spaghetti dishes are a little bit more expensive per serving.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I've been experimenting with spaghetti sauce lately. I went to the local Italian store and bought a big jar of tomato sauce. People always say to get San Marzano tomatoes because they are supposedly the creme de la creme of tomatoes so I got the Rosa brand.

Next to fresh out of the garden, San Marzano is the only way to go. Makes great sauce.

35ozrosaSMtomatoes.gif

I added honey, basil, oregano, and like 40 cloves of garlic and it was fantastic. I use brown rice pasta and rotate between bison meat and grass fed lean beef so my spaghetti dishes are a little bit more expensive per serving.

Sounds phenomenal! I don't know if it was 40 cloves of garlic, the bison meat, or the grass fed lean beef, but I am really hungering for some of that spaghetti right now. Oh, and with a few slices of homemade garlic bread as well.
:D

m0nk

One Too Many
That does sound really good. My son made us spaghetti last night and really did a great job on putting together the garlic bread (true Italian bread and all). We don't cook much, and our spaghetti is pretty generic, but since he made it (he's 8), the dinner was something special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82