Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Does your family know how lucky they are to have you.....:)

Last edited:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Goodness everything sounds delicious. Last week I made a big batch of Bolognese sauce and froze it in portions. That's what we're having tonight.

edit: obviously not eating frozen bolognese lol it will be re heated & served on a nice bed of spaghetti. :)

Last edited:

Connery

One Too Many
I'm trying a new recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-salmon-with-lemon-olive-oil-10000000577237/

I need to break out my 'new to me' old cook books that I just bought, but I'm being lazy :p

Sweet potatoes.... yum!!

Thanks, this ingredient>>>
nonhybrid-arugula.gif
...has given the most basic recipes an exotic flavor. This dish seems easy enough to prepare. I am planning for the winter and getting some different ideas.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Not familiar with The Captain's Table but sadly there's a couple of places that you probably remember that's gone. There was Hansa House Smorgasbord on Harbor and Katella. It's now an IHOP and there was also Bellisle's on Harbor and Chapman. It was in a pink '50s era building and they gave you ENORMOUS portions. An Outback Steakhouse now sits on the site of Bellisle's.

Bellisle's! Fond memories, insane portions, and, for a while, annual trips to pick up a pecan pie for Thanksgiving. That place was outstanding~

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Not a big fan either. Went there when the kids were young but haven't been there for years. Not terrible, just overpriced pedestrian fare.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I've never been there. I should try it some time. Other places I've never been to are the Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood. Can anyone give me a review?
Never been to them to eat, but have purchased things from the gift shops. Wow, I am shocked that place the Captain's Table is gone! I do recall the Smorgasbord place. What about the places on Beach Blvd., are those all gone too? You know the places that had to waitresses on roller skates and would host car shows and be on T.V. once in awhile, they gone now?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well I am at work on a night shift, so I had a pizza from the local pub... it was an excellent combination alfredo sauce, house cheese, italian sausage, roma tomatoes, crimini mushrooms, and roasted garlic. Mm-good.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Applebees is O.K. for some of it's menu. We normally order a chicken salad based meal, the beef there has too much gristle in it. Maybe good for making bow strings but not as a food.

Well I am at work on a night shift, so I had a pizza from the local pub... it was an excellent combination alfredo sauce, house cheese, italian sausage, roma tomatoes, crimini mushrooms, and roasted garlic. Mm-good.

OK..that did it! Hungry again at 1 am. Found a can of honey roasted peanuts and cashews on the counter. Suppose that must do....:frog:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial