Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

In the store, sadly, as I looked in every nook and cranny in our refrigerator as we had some earlier in the week, but, well, yours truly had already finished it. But we are of like minds - that would have taken up another level.
Next time you'll just have to double up on the bacon to make up for this time. As if there is ever a need for an excuse for doubling up on the bacon.
:D

Steve27752

One of the Regulars
The usual Saturday breakfast, which consisted of biscuits and gravy, and hot cowboy coffee. I did manage to get some homemade tamales for tomorrows breakfast!
Okay, I am English and I have a couple of questions?
While I can understand dunking digestive biscuits in a cup of tea.
Why would you have gravy with biscuits?
Do they not just get very soggy?
Is it beef gravy?
Or is this one of those times where we are separated by a common language?

Okay, I am English and I have a couple of questions?
While I can understand dunking digestive biscuits in a cup of tea.
Why would you have gravy with biscuits?
Do they not just get very soggy?
Is it beef gravy?
Or is this one of those times where we are separated by a common language?
One of those times. Biscuits in America are a whole different animal to that side of the Atlantic. Difficult to describe, but here they are similar to soda bread, in that they use soda and baking powder for leavening.

18ffb5b479d36ea1ae7b8af015584a3c.jpg

Oh, and at breakfast the gravy is usually made from sausage or bacon drippings.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Coffee, a banana, and a leftover hamburger from supper last night.
I had to re-read this, because the first time I read it I thought it said, "Coffee, a banana, and a leftover hangover from supper last night." :D

I respect and love farmers, without them, I, along with everyone else, will be dead inside of a month, but this daylight saving time is complete nonsense. Pick one of the other - I could care less which one - and let's just go with that forever.
I agree. And for those who say, "Well, it doesn't hurt anybody," recent studies have shown that it does indeed create health issues for some people. For example, one of my brothers-in-law suffers from bipolar disorder, and my wife and I recently learned that it's very common for people who suffer from bipolar disorder to become extremely anxious and stressed out over the time change; particularly the "loss" of an hour in the spring, for reasons the "experts" have yet to determine. Other studies have detected an increase in heart attacks and road accidents related to setting clocks forward one hour in the spring. To many of us it's merely an annoyance, but for some it can literally be a matter of life or death. Is it worth it? In my opinion, no.

I apologize for going so wildly off topic, but this issue isn't as "simple" as many believe it to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82