Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
A mighty fine breakfast. I have left-over dessert for breakfast often.
Well, I hate to see food go to waste :)

Happy Saturday!!! I salute you and your breakfasting skill! [emoji3]

We had biscuits (the kind from the little paper tube) and jelly. Out of 16, I managed to get 1. Kids inhaled the rest. Maybe after I get my coffee on, I'll get motivated to fix something else.
Thank you! I find I always need to make at least a double batch of biscuits if I want any at all.

Not made it yet, but it will be scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon in them, toast on the side.
Yum!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I make a double batch of Hubby's grandma's biscuits, too. Lily goes through them like a starving teenage boy. Good thing they are so quick and easy to make!

Hubby said only thing missing from the scrambled eggs was jalapeños. I beg to differ. Lily ate hers only to get to the grape jelly toast promised after she'd finished. Her grape jelly smile was adorable, but very sticky.

Cheerios with blueberries and two homemade peanut butter cookies. :D

Corn Pops (used to be called "Sugar Corn Pops growing up, but now Corn Pops - [and in small print] "a lightly sweetened cereal" or some such nonsense) with blueberries and a few chocolate chips cookies. I knew we were on a similar wavelength.

Yesterday we were at the "farm" so fueled up on blue-corn waffles (made in grandma's '50s era waffle maker) with "Crack" syrup (an Amish recipe that uses condensed milk) -- it is addictive. Also sausage and bacon from a pig we used to know up the road. Yogurt with black berries and blue-berries (now frozen). Lots of coffee.

Had to perform emergency drain surgery in the kitchen of a local restaurant first thing this morning. They were grateful enough that they fed me a big plate of shrimp and grits, with a link of smoked sausage on the side.

green papaya

One Too Many
Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal with a little butter, Syrup and a little milk.

a common US army meal around the 1880's - 1900's turn of the century they often served it at supper time, they called it: Boiled Mush and Syrup.

Last edited:
Right-from-the-refrigerator piece of left-over apricot mocha layer cake. It was cold, the buttercream was hard and I could separate all the layers easily, but somehow, for breakfast that is fine (actually, quite tasty); whereas, last night for dessert, that would have not worked. Pizza, too, has this quality of being wonderful cold from the refrigerator for breakfast (but that is an unacceptable way to have it any other time of day). Does anyone else enjoy some foods like these cold from the refrigerator for breakfast (pasta and even left over grill cheese sandwiches have this quality as well)?

Does anyone else enjoy some foods like these cold from the refrigerator for breakfast (pasta and even left over grill cheese sandwiches have this quality as well)?

Along with a piece of caramel pecan cake and several cups of coffee, I enjoyed cold, straight from the fridge, leftover salmon patties this morning. I've also been known to enjoy (among other things) pizza, mac-n-cheese, fried chicken, roast beef, pork chops, shrimp, spaghetti, hamburgers, hot dogs......

Black coffee on the deck this morning watching the latest episode of the hummingbird wars.
CIMG0485.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe