Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

I recall those things from saloons in Washington state, back when the blue laws (which gradually, gradually loosened, making some frankly absurd stops along the way) allowed the serving of liquor only with "meals" on Sundays. So the bars kept that kind of stuff on hand. It was either that, or a soggy hot dog and a bag o' chips.

http://www.amazon.com/STEWART-IN-FRA-RED-SANDWICH-OVEN-STAINLESS/product-reviews/B005IDM0B6

http://www.atticpaper.com/proddetail.php?prod=1964-stewart-infrared-oven-ad

Last edited:
I never actually toasted Pop Tarts in the toaster -- if you leave them in too long, they catch on fire. Besides, I was too busy cooking fish sticks in the toaster.

Good PP story - thank you for sharing. I have eaten Pop Tarts on many a flights as they are a great airplane food: compact, satisfying and not disturbing to those around you. That said, they are better warmed up.

^^^^^
It's only been in recent years that prepared food could be had at airports at more or less reasonable prices. Many is the time I've grabbed a bite at the airport while awaiting my flight.

Used to be that a sandwich, say, that might have cost a couple of bucks over on the highway was priced at five bucks in the airport. But that was back before the "democratization" of air travel. Going back even further, I worked at SeaTac in the years before deregulation of the airline industry and the only food to be had on the airport proper (outside of what was contained in the vending machines) was higher end stuff in fancy sit-down eateries with linen tablecloths. Way, way overpriced, too. But, you know, a business traveler being reimbursed doesn't care so much about that.

Fried potato and egg tacos with El Yucateco Mayan recipe habanero salsa and black coffee.

I haven't had a warm, buttered brown sugar cinnamon pop-tart in longer than I can remember, but you guys are gonna make me have to run up to the store.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Non-training day today so going a bit lighter.
4 egg Denver omlette w/ salsa, grits, rye toast w/ orange marmelade, coffee

DesertDan

One Too Many
Naw, those would have to be hardboiled! :D
I train in powerlifting. I plan to start competing (on the local level) next summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe