Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ghost Hunters

:p
Jason_Hawes_in_Ghost_Hunters_TV_Series_Wallpaper_7_1280.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I second your opinion. I really wanted to like this show because Kat Dennings is charming, charismatic, and displays sharp comic timing... but she deserves a better show.

And I feel more or less the same about New Girl. Zooey Deschanel (whose career I've followed with interest for a decade) turns out to have a genuine Lucy-like talent for crazy physical comedy in addition to her familiar quirky charm... but the conception and writing of the show is weak. Not quite as embarrassingly bad as Two Broke Girls, but it's pretty underwhelming.

Interestingly, both shows have already been given full-season committments, so somebody must like them!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
And I feel more or less the same about New Girl. Zooey Deschanel (whose career I've followed with interest for a decade) turns out to have a genuine Lucy-like talent for crazy physical comedy in addition to her familiar quirky charm... but the conception and writing of the show is weak. Not quite as embarrassingly bad as Two Broke Girls, but it's pretty underwhelming.

I was hoping the same. Deschanel is so darn talented, but the writing and supporting cast is disastrous in this.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And I feel more or less the same about New Girl. Zooey Deschanel (whose career I've followed with interest for a decade) turns out to have a genuine Lucy-like talent for crazy physical comedy in addition to her familiar quirky charm... but the conception and writing of the show is weak.

I watched the first episode and it was like listening to nails on a chalkboard by how 'ironic', 'cynical', 'quirky', and 'hip', it was trying to be. It was the deliberate trying that made it so yucky. To pull that off it needs to be effortless, and that was so not effortless. They also got rid of the Wayans kid from the pilot. I actually thought he was funny, and the 'ladies man' guy, is it going to be a running theme that we all know he's gay but he does not know? Cause I figured that out in the pilot.

I've liked Zooey since Mumford, which I watch about evey 6 months :)

LD

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I love watching the old stuff, like Soupy Sales, if I am gonna watch t.v.....

Soupy had a very long list of the best of the best performing with him, such as the real "rat pack", yep, Frank and the boys, and Soupy was funny. If you want to see how funny he was, check out the clips on you tube about his show, and find one about the bloopers...(trust me, it is funny).....

Last edited:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Terra Nova (new earth). It was actually pretty good. I liked the dying earth politics. The third child thing was interesting. What I don't get is why be in an alternate timeline AND in the past? That's a bit SciFi overkill.

It seems to be what Earth 2 (which I really liked) would have been ten years from them getting there.
I only watched the pilot so Ill have to see if it is going to be as predictable as I think it is.

LD

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Mad Men; Indian Summer and Nixon VS. Kennedy from Season 1. I'm almost going on to the second season. I think Mad Men's a good show, interesting and entertaining, but I wish there was at least one "good guy" sort. They're all morally bankrupt, and no one seems to play it straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken