Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Feraud

Bartender
I've watched it from the beginning last season, and love it. It's an amazingly interesting show, and Mike White's writing is to be commended for such truthful and gutsy observations. But since Amy is SO overbearing and delusional, I find that the best episodes are the ones that sideline her, like last night's, which concentrated on White's character Tyler, and the earlier ones devoted to Amy's mom (Diane Ladd - Laura Dern's REAL mom!) and her ex-husband (Luke Wilson).
Glad to hear someone other than my wife and I are watching this!

The show is so truthful and moving... I hope that having Girls as its lead-in this season will garner new fans and keep it around for another season or two!
I'm glad to read someone other than my wife and I are watching!
Funny you mention Amy being overbearing and delusional because this almost made me stop watching the show. As you've observed the stories involving Amy's co-workers are gems and have kept me interested. Amy's personality played off against her mom, Tyler, and particularly her ex-husband Levi (Wilson) is working for me. Btw, I haven't enjoyed Luke Wilson this much since he played Richie Tenenbaum!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I agree that Luke Wilson is excellent as Levi - I wish his part in the story was larger. And Amy's mom Helen too.

And while Amy's character is designed to put you off, somehow Laura Dern still makes us care about her, even she's totally misguided and obnoxious. (Well, almost!)

I am still amazed that the show was even renewed for a second season (not to mention given the plum timeslot after the uberhyped Girls)... I thought from day one that it was a classic example of a show that's much too smart and offbeat to succeed. I always go for these kinds of shows... then mourn when they are inevitably canceled because hardly anyone watches 'em!

Feraud

Bartender
With some luck and ratings (or however HBO rates it's programs) we'll get another season or two and Mike White will delve deeper into these characters that make the show go 'round.

Laura Dern is a great choice in the role of Amy. While the character annoys the hell out of me, Laura sometimes gives us this look and it melts my cold heart. :D

I too enjoy a smart, offbeat show. I don't need explosions or barely dressed women on film to keep me happy. Give me a good, smart story with a sharp cast and I'll be there. It would be fantastic if the show picked up steam.

Not sure if you watch The League but it was great to see crazy Rafi (Jason Mantzoukas)
as one Amy's co-workers last season!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, I've never even heard of The League.

Well, Enlightened is getting excellent reviews and a lot of those the-best-show-on-TV-you've-never-heard-of articles, so maybe it will find a greater audience.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Figures. Hippies are brain Dead.:p
Hey James, what do you have against Zombie Hippies?
Pablo_Hippie_Zombie_zps62ee2e98.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe