Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just a hint... in classic iron English mounts were generally "British Racing Green". Italian racers were red. French blue and German cars were silver. That way it was easier to tell during Grand Prix events which country/company was in the lead. I'm no expert though and will gladly stand correction.

Worf

celestial

Familiar Face
eastofeden.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Solomon Kane" - C+ - I read some of the Solomon Kane stories when I discovered R.E. Howard WAY back in Junior High. He was similar to all Howards heroes in that he fought sorcery, wizards and "evil". He was different in one respect in that he would no long kill men due to past sins and the peril in which he would put his mortal soul. He was a converted Catholic turned Puritan who in a past life learned to use pistols, swords, axes... you name it. In this movie you get a great origin story shown in flashback and a better than decent battle of good over true evil and some rough tough minions of Satan. Not "Citizen Kane" but not "Ishtar" either. Great special effects and a cracking soundtrack!

Worf

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

As part of our "Cultural Exchange" here at work, we watched Dr. Strangelove last night. Last week we watched Animal House, and the week before we watched both Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. The guy I set next to was born in Pakistan and lived there until he was at least 10, he's 24 now and an engineer. We're engineers too, and he's already seen Casablanca... Next week is either a John Wayne movie or Apocalypse Now.

Just trying to help him get some of the cliches like "Mongo Just Pawn in Game of Life" and now "You can't fight in here, this is the WAR room!"

Hi

As part of our "Cultural Exchange" here at work, we watched Dr. Strangelove last night. Last week we watched Animal House, and the week before we watched both Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. The guy I set next to was born in Pakistan and lived there until he was at least 10, he's 24 now and an engineer. We're engineers too, and he's already seen Casablanca... Next week is either a John Wayne movie or Apocalypse Now.

Just trying to help him get some of the cliches like "Mongo Just Pawn in Game of Life" and now "You can't fight in here, this is the WAR room!"

Cultural exchange? lol lol lol

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hi

Welp... I can certainly thnk of worse ways of introducing folks to "Murican Ways, than films. Errrr for your John Wayne night I ah wouldn't recommend playing "The Searchers"! "Rio Bravo" or "Red River" would be a better choice.

Worf

rjb1

Practically Family
If you liked "The Last Man on Earth" you should read "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson, from which the Vincent Price, Charlton Heston, and Will Smith movie versions were taken.
After seeing it several times, I like the Vincent Price version best. Even though it was shot in Italy for $1.98, it is closer to the look and feel of the book than the big-star/big-budget versions.
(The Charlton Heston version ("The Omega Man") is guilty of the most blatant symbolism in the history of movies: Charlton Heston hanging on a statue/cross with a spear wound in his side, giving his blood to save humanity. Too much!)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welp... I can certainly thnk of worse ways of introducing folks to "Murican Ways, than films. Errrr for your John Wayne night I ah wouldn't recommend playing "The Searchers"! "Rio Bravo" or "Red River" would be a better choice.

Worf

Hi

I own Rio Bravo, the cavalry trilogy, McClintock, Big Jake, and the Searchers. I was thinking McClintock, or the Cowboys. The Searchers is a little harsh in some ways. Great movie, one of JW's best. May do Quigley Down Under at some point too.

It's working both ways though, he made us watch Hot Fuzz.

Later

Hi

I own Rio Bravo, the cavalry trilogy, McClintock, Big Jake, and the Searchers. I was thinking McClintock, or the Cowboys. The Searchers is a little harsh in some ways. Great movie, one of JW's best. May do Quigley Down Under at some point too.

It's working both ways though, he made us watch Hot Fuzz.

Later

Mclintock would be my first choice out of those but I do like Rio Bravo too. Nothing like this scene:
[video=youtube_share;v2ssbgThljU]http://youtu.be/v2ssbgThljU[/video]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Will Smith version went waaaaayyy out on a ledge compared to the original. The ending was kind of lousy though---after he found a cure.

I saw that one too.
Vincent Price's version was better.

Tonight it's In A Lonely Place.
Seen it before but wanted to see it again.
Jesse James Meets Frankensteins Daughter was really bad.
Even for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe